Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three more wins

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They signed 14 players in their first season, none of whom are still at the club and nearly half of them left within 12 months.

We actually signed 18 players that season.

Six years on, two are still at the club, Hennessey & Dann.

Just two of those signed left within 12 months, Phillips & Marange.

Other than that, I make you spot on.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely this but just can’t see it happening
The players know they are in a relegation battle.
I don’t think a lot of them have the mentality needed
for this type of scrap but we will see

Agree but would also say our players just don’t have the skill. Whoever got out of a relegation battle by passing backwards all the time?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We spent the 6th most in players over the 2 seasons and 6th from bottom wages bills so 17th is not an achievement and if we are to remain a long term premier league side we need to raise the bar and belief. Not sure what the agenda is, just to get 17th every season for the next couple of decades ? Maybe

Need quality over quantity though

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Targets:

Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Newcastle at home

Leicester, Palace and Wolves (we always do well there) away

If we can’t get 10-11 points from those games we don’t deserve to be in the Premier League

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Didn’t you watch us last season?

Bit harsh, we played some very exciting attacking football at times. Halcyon days we can only dream about now. I remember we used to create these things known as goals. Players would shoot the ball past opposing keepers and...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bit harsh, we played some very exciting attacking football at times. Halcyon days we can only dream about now. I remember we used to create these things known as goals. Players would shoot the ball past opposing keepers and...
Fairly sure we've scored more this season and have had more shots on target. It's the goals conceded which feels worse at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

34 goals in 38 games last season. 28 in 26 so far this season. I agree with the perception, but we were very dull in plenty of games last season too !!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Us and Leicester have both taken one point from last 15

Murray to get winner on Tuesday - Andone to get the winner on Saturday - would be a whole new ball game with two wins in 5 days

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
12 points from 12 games...don't care where we get them...just as long as we do.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think its still far too open to say where we will finish but if we get our heads in gear back to pre-December and get a slice of luck we will get 10-12 points and stay up. We have 5 'winnable' games and 6 games where she should take some more points. All teams are beatable with the right approach and a slice of luck.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Targets:

Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Newcastle at home

Leicester, Palace and Wolves (we always do well there) away

If we can’t get 10-11 points from those games we don’t deserve to be in the Premier League

8 or 9 ought to be enough, I'd imagine.
Cardiff have got a tough run-in. The only games that I can see them potentially getting wins from are Palace, West Ham, Fulham and us, and I'd doubt they'd win all of those, seven points is probably the maximum they'll get from those four. The key is that we don't lose to them. And that also assumes that Southampton manage to start putting a good run of results together.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
8 or 9 ought to be enough, I'd imagine.
Cardiff have got a tough run-in. The only games that I can see them potentially getting wins from are Palace, West Ham, Fulham and us, and I'd doubt they'd win all of those, seven points is probably the maximum they'll get from those four. The key is that we don't lose to them. And that also assumes that Southampton manage to start putting a good run of results together.

Brighton v Cardiff is huge, Sky could call it The £100m match. Should :wanker: Colin inspire a win, we couldn’t begrudge their staying up in our place come May.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it’s the Albion I know, we’ll lose all of those. Our 1st 11 just isn’t good enough. Prepare for Championship everyone. Shows over folks, the big money signings have been decidedly average if not below

Can you see any positives from Championship life? Based on our relatively low squad costs and wages figures, we haven’t got the right or likelihood in staying up for many seasons ahead. Should that day come, I’ll still look forward to going to the Amex with a great chance of seeing winning football. I realise that ideally we need to stay up due to the huge cost base of the club, but there are no certainties for clubs in the PL not spending huge sums in fees and wages.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We will stay up. Look at the GD to judge the relative strengths of the clubs. We are a better team that 5 or 6 down there and have some tough but winnable home games to come. Course if we lose to Huddersfield my sheets will be as wet as anyone's....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton v Cardiff is huge, Sky could call it The £100m match. Should :wanker: Colin inspire a win, we couldn’t begrudge their staying up in our place come May.
Brighton v Southampton is equally big.

We'll stay up 100% if we beat Cardiff, and Southampton and get 1 more win.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will stay up. Look at the GD to judge the relative strengths of the clubs. We are a better team that 5 or 6 down there and have some tough but winnable home games to come. Course if we lose to Huddersfield my sheets will be as wet as anyone's....

Newcastle, Boro and Swansea all dropped despite not being in the worst 3 for GD.

Lack of wins was more often the stand out stat for relegated teams. That’s currently Stains, Fulham and Hudd. We desperately need CH to conjur up some home wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here