Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Feminism. Fun facts.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I can’t see the video linked but I guess it is something that winds up men and get them thinking all women are the same. Same as if it was said all men are wife beaters, rapist and pedo’s you would be right to feel angry.

As a women I believe in equality. In the past both myself and my husband had similar paid jobs, we have separate bank accounts and we split the bills 50/50. Recently my husband got made redundant, he took a job that pays a lot less. So now I pay a much bigger percentage of the bills. I am happy to do this, even though his new job pays less he enjoys it, this makes me happy. We respect each other, if the boot was on the other foot I would expect him to do the same. This is the equality I believe that in.

So you can see there is nothing to be scared of if women start earning more, it takes pressure off men. It means that for women they are with someone because they want to be, not because they have to be, that has got to be better for both sides. I teach my daughter to make sure she can support herself when she older, for those reasons. I do not teach her to hate men but to find some she can respect and who respects her back.

I don’t like the feminist label as it seems to have been hijacked by some nutters. I will not put up with any bullsh!t from Men or Women and I don’t need a label for that.

I think you find that this is what most women feel about equality, though I will not speak for every women as I don’t want people speaking for me, though I do agree with the lady in the Jonathan Pie video.

Great post.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"But did you ever try feminism when you was at school...?"

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I can’t see the video linked but I guess it is something that winds up men and get them thinking all women are the same. Same as if it was said all men are wife beaters, rapist and pedo’s you would be right to feel angry.

As a women I believe in equality. In the past both myself and my husband had similar paid jobs, we have separate bank accounts and we split the bills 50/50. Recently my husband got made redundant, he took a job that pays a lot less. So now I pay a much bigger percentage of the bills. I am happy to do this, even though his new job pays less he enjoys it, this makes me happy. We respect each other, if the boot was on the other foot I would expect him to do the same. This is the equality I believe that in.

So you can see there is nothing to be scared of if women start earning more, it takes pressure off men. It means that for women they are with someone because they want to be, not because they have to be, that has got to be better for both sides. I teach my daughter to make sure she can support herself when she older, for those reasons. I do not teach her to hate men but to find some she can respect and who respects her back.

I don’t like the feminist label as it seems to have been hijacked by some nutters. I will not put up with any bullsh!t from Men or Women and I don’t need a label for that.

I think you find that this is what most women feel about equality, though I will not speak for every women as I don’t want people speaking for me, though I do agree with the lady in the Jonathan Pie video.

So you're an egalitarian, basically :rave:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Most sensible people already knew this was a fabirication by the predisposed left-leaning media. Unfortunately it's going to cause alot of resentment when the masses come to realise it was all a ruse.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To be fair, The Daily Mail has been the worst for it. Pretty much a weekly article about the so called gender pay gap for years now.

DM will print anything in the hope of more sales and advertisers

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think think the bottom line is we should all just treat women as if they are equal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To balance slightly, a few of the facts given in that video look like they could picked apart as easily as the gender pay gap "facts".

Worldwide, we do still have a fair bit of work to do to achieve equality, for example - here's a fun fact that might be de-bunkable, although source looks relatively solid (the International Labour Organisation Statistical Office);

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/boss-more-likely-to-be-a-woman/

In just 3 countries in the World is your boss more likely to be female than male. I'm not suggesting even that it should be 50/50, but the huge disparity would suggest we've still got a way to go.

However I do also agree more aggressive aspects of modern Feminism is often counter-intuitive, creating more enemies than allies a lot of the time.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
To balance slightly, a few of the facts given in that video look like they could picked apart as easily as the gender pay gap "facts".

Worldwide, we do still have a fair bit of work to do to achieve equality, for example - here's a fun fact that might be de-bunkable, although source looks relatively solid (the International Labour Organisation Statistical Office);

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/boss-more-likely-to-be-a-woman/

In just 3 countries in the World is your boss more likely to be female than male. I'm not suggesting even that it should be 50/50, but the huge disparity would suggest we've still got a way to go.

However I do also agree more aggressive aspects of modern Feminism is often counter-intuitive, creating more enemies than allies a lot of the time.

This is a good point. A lot of Feminism today is written in the West complaining of trivial issues such as manspreading, mansplaining and man sized tissues along with claiming men get paid more in the UK, which they do not. Feminism would benefit from looking at the real issues especially in those countries that are miles from gaining equality, perhaps the focus should be on honour killings, FGM and countries where they explicitly DO pay men more than women. The Feminist movement still has a lot to achieve globally where the sexism and misogyny is overt and does not need to rely misleading statistics to prove its point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here