Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Toilets, yes toilets

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never had a problem with the queues in ESU wander to the loos 5 mins before the second half starts straight in and straight out.
There again I. Don't drink due to driving.

Another question who on Earth takes a half drunk pint in a toilet? One guy yesterday (probably a West stand tourist ) actually put his beer on the floor while taking a piss!!!!!

For a hot top up.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
I’ve tried all stands except South and can reliably report that best gents for (lack of) queues are equally North and NW shelf. WSL, WSU and ESU are fair to middling but worst is ESL. It’s definitely not possible to have a pee AND get a drink without missing the start of the second half.
If club is unable/unwilling to convert some of the women’s toilets, then next best option is Shirley to create one way signage to prevent the chaotic in/out effect at either end.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Main problem in ESU is the bottleneck where everyone stands staring at the TV's meaning impossible to move in either direction. Blocks the queues for the good and drink and the toilets.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I moved from my usual seat in the ESU to the North for the first time. Considering how much more an ESU ticket is, you get a lot more choice of food in the North, less cues and more toilets. Didn't need to queue at all for a half time piss.

Yep, N1H sth, went into WSU WD3 and no pizza to be found for the boy... Even remember Moroccan Tagine being offered in NS kiosks the other year..

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yep, N1H sth, went into WSU WD3 and no pizza to be found for the boy... Even remember Moroccan Tagine being offered in NS kiosks the other year..

All we get up there is two pies, burgers and a hot dog. I am always suprised at the amount of food offered in other stands.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh for the good old days of standing on the North Stand terraces. If you wanted a piss, you just rolled up a newspaper to preserve your modesty, then pissed onto the concrete. Job done and no need to lose your precious place.

It was a simpler World in those days. Yeah, there were "splashing" issues, and when "turn-ups" were the fashion with jeans, it was a brave man who would turn them back down after a game. Better to just change your jeans before you go out that night, and let them dry out a bit before just stuffing them in the washing machine.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There is a big difference between going to the bogs at football and going at cricket - as in, for football, 45 minutes cross yer legs, 15 minutes dash and slash, 45 minutes cross yer legs. For cricket stroll in, stroll out, you’ve got all day! :drink:

True but there is still generally a pinch-point at the start and end of breaks in play which can, at times, resemble it. I think the basic principles of the process work, especially the "one way system".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Wembley regularly switch ladies toilets to mens for football matches at the stadium (England matches), so it is definitely allowed, and the queues are reasonable as a result.

Had he opposite joy taking my daughter to a One Direction concert there, the ladies was carnage, but I virtually had the gents to myself!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm sure like many others on Saturday I changed stands and in my case moved from WSL to ESU, good view being slightly higher but really cold up in the gods.
Half time decided to relieve myself of my pre match beers, the queue in WSL is normally bad enough snaking twenty odd yards through the concourse area however ESU was a different challenge battling through the queues for food and drink kiosks then the hoards supporters who had probably gone inside to get out of the cold. I reckon a good ten minutes spent battling to have a piss (not 10 mins pissing) surely isn't part of the Amex experience.
I'm sure the club would prefer us to spend less time queuing for the toilet and more time queuing for food and drink making more money. I don't know the answers but should more toilets be in place or make the toilets bigger, should there be fewer ladies toilets (look what have I started now), maybe I should just drink less beer pre match.
In a nutshell how can the club reduce the queuing time for the John and make it easier to access the fore mentioned facility.

It all comes down to bladder control or drinking less :)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've said on here before, and I'll say it again... Convert some of the barely used Women's toilets into mens. It's such a bloody simple solution.... Just look at the queues for the Ladies toilets on matchdays. Yes, there aren't any. EVER. :shrug:

And discriminate against women, especially if the stadium were ever used for something like a Fat Boy Slim concert, or a World Cup Rugby Match - oh wait.......

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
And discriminate against women, especially if the stadium were ever used for something like a Fat Boy Slim concert, or a World Cup Rugby Match - oh wait.......

Yeah... and if the stadium is to be ever used for regular football matches instead of a once every 3 years event we'd have an issue wouldn't we.... Oh, wait.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If the club could rescind the rule on plastic bottle tops that would help, if you know what I mean ...

WHAT?! Barber back down on the basis of customer feedback and common sense? Pretty unlikely based on all known evidence

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Speaking of East Upper queues... I arrived about 2:45 and as I made my way to the East side of the stadium there was a massive queue for the east upper at the north end, trailing back past the north stand entrance. I decided to risk going to the other end and found the south end entrance to the ESU had a queue of two people.

Always happens at matches where you get lots of newbies coming along. Last season's friendly vs Atletico Madrid was like that too. Queue for first set of ESL doors reached almost to the fish and chip stall but the south end of ESL had no queue at all!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Always happens at matches where you get lots of newbies coming along. Last season's friendly vs Atletico Madrid was like that too. Queue for first set of ESL doors reached almost to the fish and chip stall but the south end of ESL had no queue at all!

Yes, but the newbies also don't know the P + R rules on rushing to the buses, so left WSL on the whistle and jogged round to usual place opposite Bennets Field in the queue for Mill Road, only to find I could keep on jogging to the bottom of the stairs, then up the stairs and half way along the bus park perimeter. Earliest home since they increased the capacity!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And let's not forget the carnage and extended half time that would be required if everyone did follow basic hygiene and washed your hands after going. Pretty disgusting lot football fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here