Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 Comes out tomorrow

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
One thing I have noticed is it's very easy to gain a wanted level, so you have to be very careful in towns if you don't want everything you do to end up with a shootout.

I found that.

My horse ran into a fence - Bounty - Shootout.
Accidentally got on the wrong horse (horse theft) - Bounty - Shootout.

Now have a huge bounty on my head but not enough money to pay it. Loving the game though, haven't explored much more than the Valentine area yet though. Still very new.

Any tips on getting money?

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I found that.

Now have a huge bounty on my head but not enough money to pay it. Loving the game though, haven't explored much more than the Valentine area yet though. Still very new.

Robbing stagecoaches and selling them and the horses.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I found that.

I found a guy that needed medical attention, so chucked him on my horse and charged to the nearest town. Just about to reach the dr when a drunk staggers in front of my horse and is crushed to death. This is witnessed by half a dozen people who run in every direction screaming for the law. The old bill arrive and immediately start shooting me, as I’m a murderer in their eyes. As I beat a hasty retreat, they hit the sick guy who is desperately clinging on to me. Twats.

Gold - just West of the campsite there is a burnt out village. If you go into the sheriffs office there you will find a lock box under the desk with a gold bar in it - $500. But you need to sell this to a fence, the nearest one is in Rhodes (take the train from Valentine).

This might not happen for you, but When you are at the burnt out place, you might happen across a stagecoach robbery. I helped the driver by taking out the bandits (O’Driscoll’s no less!!) and then the guy told me to take what was in the lock box. I couldn’t work this out but have since learned; shoot the horses so they can’t run away, then you can shoot the lock off the box on the stagecoach. Good luck

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I really wasn't sure about the game when I was deep in the 2 hour tutorial but now I'm out and about I'm really enjoying it. Once you have enough cash I'd highly recommend upgrading Dutch's digs and then your own as you'll get access to fast travel. The open world is fun and all but trotting across the map for 20 minutes is starting to do my tits in.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I found a guy that needed medical attention, so chucked him on my horse and charged to the nearest town. Just about to reach the dr when a drunk staggers in front of my horse and is crushed to death. This is witnessed by half a dozen people who run in every direction screaming for the law. The old bill arrive and immediately start shooting me, as I’m a murderer in their eyes. As I beat a hasty retreat, they hit the sick guy who is desperately clinging on to me. Twats.

Gold - just West of the campsite there is a burnt out village. If you go into the sheriffs office there you will find a lock box under the desk with a gold bar in it - $500. But you need to sell this to a fence, the nearest one is in Rhodes (take the train from Valentine).

This might not happen for you, but When you are at the burnt out place, you might happen across a stagecoach robbery. I helped the driver by taking out the bandits (O’Driscoll’s no less!!) and then the guy told me to take what was in the lock box. I couldn’t work this out but have since learned; shoot the horses so they can’t run away, then you can shoot the lock off the box on the stagecoach. Good luck

Was approached in Valentine by a prostitute desperately asking for my help after she'd killed a client who'd attacked her. I duly obliged and she offered me all the money she had in exchange for me getting rid of the body. Ran around the back of the saloon to stick him in the pig sty, but the farmer was tending to his animals and caught me in the act. I accidentally stole a horse and carnage ensued as not only were the police on me for a murder I hadn't committed, but also after me for stealing a horse that I hadn't intended to take! I ended up with a hefty bounty on my head that I managed to pay off.

The stagecoaches pay fairly well but have found that the Micah missions are pretty good at getting some serious money fairly early on. I also accidentally came across a fence after doing one of the side missions and ended up selling all the jewellery I'd looted for about $300.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Saint Denis is a nightmare for that. Better just going on foot or you'll end up running over people every few metres and getting shot.
Yep, it was in St Denis :)

Hellhole for accidental killings. I also beat a guy to death there who attacked me. Bad times

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=35332]Beanstalk[/MENTION] Keep hold of some jewellery as you’ll need it for some of the trinkets that are crafted for you

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So I wasn't going to buy it, finished spiderman 2 days ago, was going to get the DLC but read that it will be best to wait for all 3 to come out.

I'm not much of a gamer at all, but I love Spider-Man. I could spend far too many hours on it.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
[MENTION=35332]Beanstalk[/MENTION] Keep hold of some jewellery as you’ll need it for some of the trinkets that are crafted for you

Good shout! I've been keeping the ones that say "can be used for crafting or can be sold" and selling the ones that "can be sold" only. Is this right?

Completely blown away by the game so far, especially the way in which things seem to happen to you rather than you instigating everything.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We have a PS4 in the house and I'm tempted to get this albeit god only knows how I'll get the time to play it without getting divorced.

Question for you all. Start here, start on RDR1 or just get GTAV given I've spent hours playing San Andreas and Vice city in the past?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Good shout! I've been keeping the ones that say "can be used for crafting or can be sold" and selling the ones that "can be sold" only. Is this right?

Completely blown away by the game so far, especially the way in which things seem to happen to you rather than you instigating everything.

Same as I’ve been doing. I’m on a bit of an adventure up in the Grizzlies at the moment, trying to bag myself a legendary pelt up there. I have stumbled upon a completely white Arabian horse which is miles better than my current mount. I spent two hours trying to break it last night and had to give up in the end. Feel like it’s impossible but I’ve broken other horses so might just be harder on this one.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We have a PS4 in the house and I'm tempted to get this albeit god only knows how I'll get the time to play it without getting divorced.

Question for you all. Start here, start on RDR1 or just get GTAV given I've spent hours playing San Andreas and Vice city in the past?

This story is a prequel to RDR1, but you could do it either way to be honest. This game shows off a lot more than RDR1, but is a lot more expensive to buy. I’ve got great affection for GTA in all it’s guises - played the first one for YEARS with my mates (multiplayer was hilarious). But, I far prefer the setting of the RDR universe

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

All three games are very different tbh. Start with RDR2 and go back to RDR1 I'd say, as that is the chronological order of things. GTA V is great but a wildly different beast to RDR, especially the new one.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was going to get it but not at that price. I won't ever pay more than £50 for a game.

Tell i lie i will. Last of us 2 even if it was a £100.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here