Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t pity Me cupcake,I firmly believe we should not be paying out a single penny in foreign aid, not all the time ex servicemen and women are sleeping rough on UK streets, charity begins at home.

On our way.

Ex-service personnel who find themselves homeless do receive help in the form of counselling, financial assistance, substance abuse help, and housing projects. It's there. What we need is a less shaming approach to mental health and addiction. We also need more psychological support for service personnel while they serving and more support for their transition to civilian life.
We need to carefully manage recruitment into the armed forces. While it can and does provide a fantastic life for people who wouldn't get skills and education elsewhere we also need to realise there are implications to recruiting 17 year olds who have never even left their council estates and may be lacking some of the most basic life skills before they join up.

Foreign Aid. Hmm, an oft misunderstood subject. No doubt it helps grease a few wheels for commerce but an important thing it does is to help stabilise volatile territories, territories that we would otherwise no doubt be sending our 17 year old recruits out to as cannon fodder, and then the survivors can come home suffering from PTSD and end up on the streets because they have seen their mates blown up and they didn't have the life skills to survive on civvy street.

You need to look at the bigger picture. You also need to be more honest. You don't like money going to foreigners, What you have done is fallen for the oldest trick in the book: the lie that foreigners are to blame for our woes.

Using ex- service personnel who are suffering as a cover for your racism is deeply offensive, disingenuous, and unhelpful. I wouldn't be so rude as to call you a moron but you clearly have no real understanding of how the world works or the causes of some very serious problems. You seem to have fallen hook line and sinker for the right wing propaganda machine. Don't let yourself be a conduit for their malevolent machinations. Open your eyes.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...eat-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy

How did an obscure Canadian company come to play such a pivotal role in Brexit? It’s a question that Martin Moore, director of the centre for the study of communication, media and power at King’s College London has been asking too. “I went through all the Leave campaign invoices when the Electoral Commission uploaded them to its site in February. And I kept on discovering all these huge amounts going to a company that not only had I never heard of, but that there was practically nothing at all about on the internet. More money was spent with AggregateIQ than with any other company in any other campaign in the entire referendum. All I found, at that time, was a one-page website and that was it. It was an absolute mystery.”

“That was before we became this dark, dystopian data company that gave the world Trump,” a former Cambridge Analytica employee who I’ll call Paul tells me. “It was back when we were still just a psychological warfare firm.”

Was that really what you called it, I ask him. Psychological warfare? “Totally. That’s what it is. Psyops. Psychological operations – the same methods the military use to effect mass sentiment change. It’s what they mean by winning ‘hearts and minds’. We were just doing it to win elections in the kind of developing countries that don’t have many rules.”

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
People need to realise that *no deal* is now the plan.

The talks that May keeps doing is just theatrics while she runs down the clock. Solve the backstop and another problem will suddenly appear.

The ERG Party are running the country now - and direct the Borg Queen.

An extension to article 50 is fantasy and not in the UK gift. MPs talk the talk about stopping *no deal* but do nothing that actually legally takes it off the table.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The talks that May keeps doing is just theatrics while she runs down the clock. Solve the backstop and another problem will suddenly appear.

An extension to article 50 is fantasy and not in the UK gift. MPs talk the talk about stopping *no deal* but do nothing that actually legally takes it off the table.

seem to over look that about only thing in common amongst MPs, aside the couple dozen ERG, is not to do no deal. they need to commit themselves to something but there's easily a majority to pass any other option last minute.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
seem to over look that about only thing in common amongst MPs, aside the couple dozen ERG, is not to do no deal. they need to commit themselves to something but there's easily a majority to pass any other option last minute.

Very true

Hope everyone has a sweet tooth. More

img22187.768x512.jpg

for anyone :wink:

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apparently Irish cheddar is going to be 50% more expensive on 30th of March than on the 29th of March, looks like I’m going to have to purchase British cheddar on the 30th of March.Is it to late to ask for another vote?

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Apparently Irish cheddar is going to be 50% more expensive on 30th of March than on the 29th of March, looks like I’m going to have to purchase British cheddar on the 30th of March.Is it to late to ask for another vote?

On our way.

Shrewd! But, Microeconomics 101: A key determinant of the price of X (say a nice wedge of your favourite English cheddar - yum, yum) is the change in price of a close substitute (say Irish cheddar). A rise in the price of the substitute will lead to a rise in demand for our yummy British cheese. This will lead to price rises. So the vision of you being unable to afford said yummy cheddar has indeed cheered up my morning! Many thanks on behalf of the rest of us who will also have to pay the price of your vote.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shrewd! But, Microeconomics 101: A key determinant of the price of X (say a nice wedge of your favourite English cheddar - yum, yum) is the change in price of a close substitute (say Irish cheddar). A rise in the price of the substitute will lead to a rise in demand for our yummy British cheese. This will lead to price rises. So the vision of you being unable to afford said yummy cheddar has indeed cheered up my morning! Many thanks on behalf of the rest of us who will also have to pay the price of your vote.

Fortunately for normal people,we shop at supermarkets like my local Aldi,who sign supply contracts for a year or more at a fixed price,so their should be no price rise,unless you go to an unscrupulous one like Sainsburys or Waitrose.English cheddar is far superior to Irish cheddar anyway,so small loss.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I get the distinct feeling that those decrying no deal but taking no action are merely doing so so they can claim they tried their best when it all goes tits up. An exercise in arse covering. Cowards.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

You really didn’t like My vote did you?Do you think I should stop voting?

On our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fortunately for normal people,we shop at supermarkets like my local Aldi,who sign supply contracts for a year or more at a fixed price,so their should be no price rise,unless you go to an unscrupulous one like Sainsburys or Waitrose.English cheddar is far superior to Irish cheddar anyway,so small loss.

Yes because suppliers always sign year long contracts when they have no idea what import duties will be due in 6 weeks time :facepalm:

Do you ever stop to think, maybe just for a second, before you post :lolol:

And it's 'there' you moron :dunce:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You really didn’t like My vote did you?Do you think I should stop voting?

On our way.

I don't see how anyone can be bothered by your vote as no one knows what you voted for, least of all you :shrug:

And it appears the earliest you may find out will be 12th March 2019, nearly 3 years after you voted.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't see how anyone can be bothered by your vote as no one knows what you voted for, least of all you :shrug:

And it appears the earliest you may find out will be 12th March 2019, nearly 3 years after you voted.

I know what I voted for don’t you worry.The fact that Parliament is doing its upmost to appease the hysterical minority means the dignified majority may not get what we voted for.

On our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know what I voted for don’t you worry.The fact that Parliament is doing its upmost to appease the hysterical minority means the dignified majority may not get what we voted for.

On our way.

I'm not worried in the slightest. I have no doubt that you, and others, thought you knew what you were voting for.

The one (and possibly only) thing the last 2 years 8 months has shown us, is that you quite evidently, didn't :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here