Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 22-24/2

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
So there I am watching the half time show on NBC Sports when up pops a photo of two upstanding Seagull supporters here in the USA. One in a red T-shirt the other in a blue 1901 t. :bowdown:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
So we are only 3 points off of the relegation zone as it stands, 2 if saints get a point tomorrow, getting really bloody close

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we are only 3 points off of the relegation zone as it stands, 2 if saints get a point tomorrow, getting really bloody close

EXCITING though, isn’t it?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We really need to start treating every fixture like a Cup Final from now.

3 points at Leicester is possible. We need it. Our boys need to fight for it.

They will be fighting, I have no doubts about it, no dodgy refs decisions against us would be a bonus. Depends which Leicester turns up as well, hopefully the good one this afternoon though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was double figures a few months ago

Yeah, but we knew we’d probably get naff all from most of Dec, Jan and Feb (look at the tracker). We’re about where we ‘should’ be (in fact a bit ahead). All things being equal, 4 very winnable home games left......win 3, or poss even 2 of them and we’ll be ok.

The three dodgy 1-0 wins earlier in the season when we didn’t really deserve them did us a massive favour.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We really need to start treating every fixture like a Cup Final from now.

3 points at Leicester is possible. We need it. Our boys need to fight for it.

Could not agree more. But will they? Sadly, I have little faith in their mental strength when playing away from home. The form of the last 2 years has been so poor, though one accepts that it is hard to garner points away from home for teams like the Albion in the PL. But surely not as few as we have managed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Another for me, contentious point, Wolves player gets his shot off, player has committed late, after the shot, pen given. I think the ref has made up for his earlier mistake... hang on another pen. Outside the box, refs are an absolute shambles. Missed pen, justice.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Now ref gives Bournemouth a penalty that was marginally outside the box. But they missed it anyway.

I remember one of those at Withdean, a foul on Elphick ? (outside the box) and the ref gives a pen that Bournemouth didn’t miss..

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
[/U]

Could not agree more. But will they? Sadly, I have little faith in their mental strength when playing away from home. The form of the last 2 years has been so poor, though one accepts that it is hard to garner points away from home for teams like the Albion in the PL. But surely not as few as we have managed.

I've just looked and you are right. Every team above us has gained more points away from home than us. I assume this is one of the reasons CH has gone 433. We have played better away this season but not better enough to win/ been unlucky.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They will be fighting, I have no doubts about it, no dodgy refs decisions against us would be a bonus. Depends which Leicester turns up as well, hopefully the good one this afternoon though.

Dodgy ref decisions? This weekend is totally littered with ref f'ck ups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here