Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA cup final Day May 18th 2019

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
My issue is that with both my sons at University, I reduced our 3 season tickets to 2, with the lads sharing one between them. I am dreading that we get a date at Wembley (A proud Q/F exit at PL opposition would be ideal) - I just don't know what I'll do as the chances of a third ticket to become available will be highly unlikley......unless the OP gets bullied into attending the wedding!!!!!!!!

Quite a conundrum. Good chance that you’ll be able to pick up a third ticket. If not, one son could have a semi-final ticket and the other a final ticket with a lower probability.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I booked a crazy trip I’ve wanted to do for years. I leave on Thursday 16th May. It never occured to me that the cup final would be so late.

There's a thing, why is it so late this year*?

* If already explained I haven't trudged through all the pages.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
isn`t it normally mid may or even a week before the play off final weekend? not late at all.

I always thought it was the first Saturday of May, and before the European Cup Final, which I believed to be the last European game of the season?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If my niece or nephew was married on that day I would go to the wedding. End of.

I can watch the match later.

When football comes before your family it's time to stop going.

Totally agree. I would very much miss the trip to Wembley and the experience, but...…...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If my niece or nephew was married on that day I would go to the wedding. End of.

I can watch the match later.

When football comes before your family it's time to stop going.

So. Let’s just say we make the Cup Final, for maybe the second time in that persons life, with the likelihood that we won’t make it again for another 30/40 yrs and therefore again in that person’s lifetime what’s to say that’s not as if not more of a unique event than a close relative’s big day?

Of course if it was their offspring etc then fine but I’d have to be persuaded pretty well as to the various pros and cons of crossing in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have no sympathy for people that book weddings before consulting football fixtures first. Just get married in June and July in non world cup or Euro years. Sorted. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This thread must be GOLD to the tyre fire lot up the road.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If we got to the Final, my biggest fear now would be getting a ticket. Have to do some corporate scrounging as I wouldn't be eligible-for.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

Tried explaining but to no avail.......

I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

As Simon Cowell says ' its a No from me.

Anyone else have the possibility of a double booking? if so whats your outcome?

Yes, I and my wife are camping with others that long weekend, and I said to them from the outset, that on that Saturday, I might not be around, should the Albion make the final. A few months ago, they all laughed, but the chances are becoming ever greater, but after tonight, we will have a clearer idea all round. We are near Peterborough, so the 50 minutes by train into Kings Cross is half the time it takes from Hastings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here