Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lets just hope she doesn't make it across the boarder and is never seen or heard from again.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Lord Haw Haw was sentenced to death in 1945. We don't much like traitors.

I'm not advocating the death penalty, but it would be best if she quickly viewed her actions and life choices as others see them: treacherous, treasonous and deeply, deeply inhumane.

Then I'd like to hear how she could reconcile this with the society whom she believes her best prospects now rest. Good luck sweetheart!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I can see how a 15 year old from a sheltered family would find the idea of running off to bear the children of one of the warriors of Allah so attractive. Hearing this girl with her unaccented British accent speak about IS in such glowing terms is quite chilling and I read the comment about them “deserving to lose” being a criticism of individual corrupt fighters rather than the whole sordid crew.

There are other issues here too. As a British citizen she cannot be disowned because she was born in London so will remain “British” whether or not we like her ideology. I doubt very much that she could be convicted of any specific war crime but could recieve a custodial for supporting a banned organisation.

Also her unnamed Dutch IS husband is still out there...once she gets back and his child is born in the UK we might have to accept him here once the Dutch have finished with him.

I do admire her honesty. She is clearly only thinking of her children when desiring a return to the UK and, were she to arrive back here, I don’t think we could bar her entry...however much we might want to.

In an ideal world she would have been killed in a drone attack, like her friend, but she wasn’t.now she’s in a camp in the impetus to get her and her gaggle of kids home could be irresistible. Whatever happens it must comply with British Law so all talk of execution and passport burning is entirely irrelevant.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey

I'm not advocating the death penalty, but it would be best if she quickly viewed her actions and life choices as others see them: treacherous, treasonous and deeply, deeply inhumane.

Then I'd like to hear how she could reconcile this with the society whom she believes her best prospects now rest. Good luck sweetheart!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think I am right in saying the difference between her and Lord Haw Haw is thar she is a British citizen, but he was Irish

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I take it you don’t listen to my English language show then? “Wouldn’t Happen in Germany” is broadcast most Friday evenings from a craft beer bar of my choice to everyone within earshot. It’s very popular and I’m thinking of making a podcast version.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I am right in saying the difference between her and Lord Haw Haw is thar she is a British citizen, but he was Irish

American Irish actually. He was born in the US.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can see how a 15 year old from a sheltered family would find the idea of running off to bear the children of one of the warriors of Allah so attractive. Hearing this girl with her unaccented British accent speak about IS in such glowing terms is quite chilling and I read the comment about them “deserving to lose” being a criticism of individual corrupt fighters rather than the whole sordid crew.

There are other issues here too. As a British citizen she cannot be disowned because she was born in London so will remain “British” whether or not we like her ideology. I doubt very much that she could be convicted of any specific war crime but could recieve a custodial for supporting a banned organisation.

Also her unnamed Dutch IS husband is still out there...once she gets back and his child is born in the UK we might have to accept him here once the Dutch have finished with him.

I do admire her honesty. She is clearly only thinking of her children when desiring a return to the UK and, were she to arrive back here, I don’t think we could bar her entry...however much we might want to.

In an ideal world she would have been killed in a drone attack, like her friend, but she wasn’t.now she’s in a camp in the impetus to get her and her gaggle of kids home could be irresistible. Whatever happens it must comply with British Law so all talk of execution and passport burning is entirely irrelevant.

Which is pretty much the right answer. I doubt most people on this thread have read The Times report on this in full today, just the summaries elsewhere: This was just the 'analysis' segment of it in today's paper:

Analysis: Will the Isis brides be prosecuted?

When the three teenagers from Bethnal Green in east London travelled to Syria, their parents were assured by senior police that they were unlikely to be prosecuted for terrorist offences.

Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan Police commissioner, and Sir Mark Rowley, the force’s head of counterterrorism, agreed that the girls would be “returning to their families” if they decided to come back. “We have no evidence that these three girls are responsible for any terrorist offences. They have no reason to fear, if nothing else comes to light, that we will treat them as terrorists,” Sir Mark told the Commons home affairs select committee in March 2015.

Sir Mark said that the girls were different from someone “running around in northern Iraq and Syria with Kalashnikovs” who then apologised for having committed terrorist offences.

His assessment is likely to still be the official position unless the British authorities have evidence that Shamima Begum has been involved in terrorism or encouraging terrorism. Although female returnees face arrest on their arrival, as well as possibly having their children removed from them, prosecuting jihadist brides is fraught with difficulties. Gathering evidence of the quality required to bring a prosecution is difficult and there have been few, either of men or women returning from Syria.

About 850 Britons have travelled to Iraq and Syria with one in six believed to be dead. About 400 are thought to have returned since 2012 but Ben Wallace, the security minister, said last year that only 40 had been successfully prosecuted for “direct action they had carried out in Syria”.

Of the women who have returned, it is believed that only Tareena Shakil, from Birmingham, has been convicted of terrorism offences. Sentencing her for encouraging terrorism via social media, Mr Justice Inman said that she had shown no remorse and had known her son’s future would ultimately be “as an IS fighter”, adding: “You allowed him to be photographed next to an AK47.”

Shakil, a former health worker from Birmingham, had admitted travelling to Syria but denied joining Isis and encouraging acts of terrorism.

Ministers have the power to remove British citizenship from those who have travelled to Syria and Iraq but only if they are dual citizens, including people born in Britain whose parents have other citizenships.

Suspects can also be prosecuted for belonging to Islamic State, which has been a proscribed organisation since 2014. Laws coming into force within months will mean that British jihadists could face ten years in jail on returning to the UK. Ministers will have the power to make it an offence to travel to or remain in an area abroad designated by the home secretary.

Many of those who have returned have been allowed to re-enter society under the close eye of police and the security services.

Max Hill, QC, the former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation and now director of public prosecutions, called for a focus on “reintegration”. He said it was right that security services allowed those who travelled out of a sense of naivety and who return in a “state of utter disillusionment” to be diverted away from the criminal courts.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/analysis-will-the-isis-brides-be-prosecuted-bf5x0pg5w

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Leave her there. She has no remorse and still believes in the ISIS ideology. She hates everything the UK stands for. It is a pisstake

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I........As a British citizen she cannot be disowned because she was born in London so will remain “British” whether or not we like her ideology.

Just because she was born in Britain does not necessarily mean she is British or entitled to British nationality. Since 1983 it depends on various factors, mostly her parents, whether she is British.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I bet she regrets leaving Bethnal Green for living in whatever hell hole she is now. As many posters have already commented - she’s not exactly filled with remorse. Taking it to the next stage, and assuming that she brings/has the baby in the U.K., what’s to say that it’s not a giant con. She wins both ways, she has a child that is looked after (care of the NHS) and she can indoctrinate that child and anyone else gullible enough to believe the hatred that convinced her to join IS.

I’m afraid I can’t bring myself to have any sympathy for her whatsoever. She chose that life, even as a “silly 15 year old schoolgirl”, has since decided to have three children in presumably appalling conditions, totally unfazed by the atrocities committed, and now it looks as if IS is about to be wiped out she wants to return home. Selfish and conniving perhaps?

I just keep seeing her as a 15-year old child. What do they know of the world, really?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She's been radicalised, and the primary reason she wants to return to the UK is for the healthcare for her sprog, who's mind she will also go on to poison in the years to come.

Suicide vest waiting to happen. She stays where she is.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Why does she has refugee status? And what other 'refugees' are in these camps?

She is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just because she was born in Britain does not necessarily mean she is British or entitled to British nationality. Since 1983 it depends on various factors, mostly her parents, whether she is British.

You’re right. I just read the part about citizenship being potentially withdrawn if her parents originated outside the UK. I don’t think that’s been enforced on any female returnee-to date. But I could be wrong.

If her child’s father is an EU national (a Dutch Muslim convert) I don’t know what status that conveys on him/her. Obviously it can’t be British if her citizenship has been revoked but likewise being born in Syria doesn’t make it Syrian either.

Can’t she just piss off to Saudi they’re very keen on islam over there I understand. Why on Earth she would desire a return to the little Satan is quite beyond me.

D

Deleted member 22389

This story will be taken off the radar, then in a few months you will find out she is back in this country, given a free house + 24 hour security.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here