Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Draw 5th Round...BBC1 7pm [ v Derby 12:30 16/2, live on BT Sport]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't agree with that at all. From recent experience Millwall away is one of the safest away trips going - the Met Police and indeed Millwall FC have got crowd safety around the ground down to a fine art. It is nowhere near as bad as the old Den. In my view Everton fans must have gone looking for Millwall pubs picking off small groups on the way. It is hard to police that without taking police away from the vicinity of the ground. Banning Millwall means the thugs win

BG is right in this instance.

But it’s not because of the knuckle-draggers from both teams brawling. It’s from the video of hundreds of Millwall fans singing a racist chant.

It’s ALWAYS Millwall but it’s never their fault is it?

Not this time, it’s 2019 not 1970 and it’s time to take a stand and kick them out the cup.

That is our best hope of stopping this happening again.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't agree with that at all. From recent experience Millwall away is one of the safest away trips going - the Met Police and indeed Millwall FC have got crowd safety around the ground down to a fine art. It is nowhere near as bad as the old Den. In my view Everton fans must have gone looking for Millwall pubs picking off small groups on the way. It is hard to police that without taking police away from the vicinity of the ground. Banning Millwall means the thugs win

Apparently Everton came steaming out of Surrey Quays station and headed straight to that pub which is a notorious Millwall boozer and where the F Troop firm used to be based out of. A lot of the Millwall guys on banning orders used to drink there on match days. Everton were definitely up for it. It all happened a long way from the ground so not much the club could have done about it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is Gdańsk pay on the gate ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two separate issues:

1. Brain dead Millwall and Everton thugs out for violence, as bad as each other. Not heroes in any decent person’s book.

2. Millwall racists at it again, something in fairness the club have been very open about this week, with no denials or playing it down. IMO it would be harsh to punish the club and the rest of their fanbase for that.

In both cases, the Police will be carrying out a load of dawn raids in the year ahead, to bring these criminals to book.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Same here. Despite knowing all about it from my first football watching days under Peter Taylor, then Mullery and I did the three LC games (Challis), I get bored of all the modern day hype, the endless build up, the vile bitching and attempted violence.

The Challis game was in the F.A. Cup (second replay).

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018

Apparently Everton came steaming out of Surrey Quays station and headed straight to that pub which is a notorious Millwall boozer and where the F Troop firm used to be based out of. A lot of the Millwall guys on banning orders used to drink there on match days. Everton were definitely up for it. It all happened a long way from the ground so not much the club could have done about it

Two separate issues:

1. Brain dead Millwall and Everton thugs out for violence, as bad as each other. Not heroes in any decent person’s book.

2. Millwall racists at it again, something in fairness the club have been very open about this week, with no denials or playing it down. IMO it would be harsh to punish the club and the rest of their fanbase for that.

In both cases, the Police will be carrying out a load of dawn raids in the year ahead, to bring these criminals to book

Finally some sense re the Millwall V Everton agree. Why should the majority of Millwall fans be punished because the behaviour of a small minority of their fans and a small minority of Everton fans.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was there, in the top tier of the new stand that nearly destroyed Chelsea financially.

Me too.I remember the programme was a pamphlet / leaflet type type thing, with just the Chelsea shirt on it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I believe that the FA should kick Milwall out of the cup because of the crowd troubles v Everton and put AFC Wimbledon straight through. Controversial I know but they must be seen to be doing something.

Bit tough if the violent thugs were Everton supporters................................

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Admittedly I was a bit late off the blocks there.

As it is, you've just caught me in the middle of making provisional bookings for the whole of August 2020 in Porto for the UEFA Super Cup.

I suppose it'll make a change from Worthing away.

Messi at the Amex in the champions league in 2020 once walking the Europa league with an automatic qualification. Can see us resting players in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only if we're in the EPL!

Focus too much on the FA Cup and we'll be playing Championship football next season.

Then focus too much on winning the Europa League and we might be back in Div1.

Champions League following year is great and all but we'd have to focus on winning that and so we could very well be playing in League2 soon after.

Hughton out!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Only if we're in the EPL!

Focus too much on the FA Cup and we'll be playing Championship football next season.

Then focus too much on winning the Europa League and we might be back in Div1.

Champions League following year is great and all but we'd have to focus on winning that and so we could very well be playing in League2 soon after.

Hughton out!

Nah, were virtually safe this season already. I know the FA Cup isn't quite what it was in 1983, but if Brighton get to the semi or final this year there will be many pages here talking about it. Us fans are not obsessed with finances. A glorious achievement in a major cup competition will be talked about 20 years from now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I fully expect expect us to put out a strong team, with all the first team there, even if some are on the bench

I expect much the same team. Beat Fulham and Watford and maybe we could play a stronger team?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chelsea v Man U will be an incredible game, still getting over how that one got picked out. Amazing!!!

Offers us a real chance of progression though, beating 2 Championship sides away from a QF, and if we get there a maximum of 2 in 7 chance of drawing one of the big six. This is a MASSIVE opportunity for us, now let grab it with both hands.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chelsea v Man U will be an incredible game, still getting over how that one got picked out. Amazing!!!

Offers us a real chance of progression though, beating 2 Championship sides away from a QF, and if we get there a maximum of 2 in 7 chance of drawing one of the big six. This is a MASSIVE opportunity for us, now let grab it with both hands.

Indeed, West Brom will be tough, but promotion is their priority. We must seize the opportunity

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Or a 4 in 7 chance of getting a team above us in the league.

It ain't that rosy!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here