Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awful conditions on Hove Prom....light sleety drizzle, freezing cold and and what felt like an absolute howling Easterly - felt like running in treacle back into it. No results yet but about 22 mins, but highest ever PR finish of 11th. As my son asked ‘so where were all the good runners today then ?’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Unholy Trinity of Conditions to run in today - Cold, wind and rain.

I can cope with two, but all three together means I’m going to the gym instead.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Awful conditions on Hove Prom....light sleety drizzle, freezing cold and and what felt like an absolute howling Easterly - felt like running in treacle back into it. No results yet but about 22 mins, but highest ever PR finish of 11th. As my son asked ‘so where were all the good runners today then ?’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It was rotten - the mulled wine was good afterwards though. My km splits alternated between 4:15 and 4:50 because of the wind! 13th for me in 22:21, second in age category, no idea who was first ;-)

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I think the cold weather helped me towards a season PB this morning of 21:23 (62.90% AG) and 25th place. Quite long way from my peak, but feels like I’m making some progress in the right direction.

Less than 300 runners compared to the usual 500 at Swindon. The rain held off, so I quite enjoyed the conditions, other than hanging round at the start for our usual 9:10 start time!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the cold weather helped me towards a season PB this morning of 21:23 (62.90% AG) and 25th place. Quite long way from my peak, but feels like I’m making some progress in the right direction.

Less than 300 runners compared to the usual 500 at Swindon. The rain held off, so I quite enjoyed the conditions, other than hanging round at the start for our usual 9:10 start time!

Less than 200 at Hove Prom rather than 350-400 or so normally, people huddling behind the beach huts before the start to keep out of the wind. I didn’t stay for the mulled wine and mince pies after, could feel myself getting v cold straight away. Minging.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bit of a shocker for me. 4 weeks without much activity resulted in a 23:55 at Bognor. In dreadful weather Bognor is not the worst course to do - lots of shelter from wind and rain on a tight little course. So no excuses for my 3rd worst time ever. Roll on 2019!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Shame I missed the Hove Prom turnout. Temperature higher than i’ve been used to but sleety rain not pleasant after 4 weeks of winter sun. Just finished trek and ready to eat all day and start on the red Sherpa craft beer at 6pm whilst watching the game.

Will try and weigh myself today. Have a serious case of Wednesday legs!

Attachments

• A033FEB9-DC9D-4186-A893-B932EBD95B5C.jpeg
    A033FEB9-DC9D-4186-A893-B932EBD95B5C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 103

D

Deleted member 2719

New World record ** for me** @ 5k this morning.:rave::rave:

30 secs off!!

Watch out for the black ice this morning everyone.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Are you talking to me as there is no quote???

Sorry mate yes I am........and if you are trying to wind me up you are being successful. 15 minutes for a 5k is unbelievable for a man of your capabilities and if it is true I will not aim to even be 10 minutes slower than that! Well done!

D

Deleted member 2719

Sorry mate yes I am........and if you are trying to wind me up you are being successful. 15 minutes for a 5k is unbelievable for a man of your capabilities and if it is true I will not aim to even be 10 minutes slower than that! Well done!

It is in the blood.

My brother as you know ran for Sussex and England Vets, mind you his knee and back wasn't knackered like mine.

I thought you said you were a 15 min man or was that 15-sec man!!

Attachments

• Run.PNG
    Run.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 97

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It is in the blood.

My brother as you know ran for Sussex and England Vets, mind you his knee and back wasn't knackered like mine.

I thought you said you were a 15 min man or was that 15-sec man!!

Well mate I am seriously impressed. That is an outstanding time. I would never has guessed you could manage 3min/km in your heyday let alone 20 years....knackered knees and back later......seriously well done!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bit of a shocker for me. 4 weeks without much activity resulted in a 23:55 at Bognor. In dreadful weather Bognor is not the worst course to do - lots of shelter from wind and rain on a tight little course. So no excuses for my 3rd worst time ever. Roll on 2019!

Just tried to run 3 miles. Walking has not immediately helped! A hard 25” running round a circular exercise park built for the fat rich Brahmins to walk around. I won but couldn’t get going. Your excellent AG will not be bettered by me this year.

Brighton Marathon Windsor Standard Tri training has begun.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lazy weekend off running, but heard about [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]'s exploits along the prom on Saturday as we walked down the hill after the game last night. Back to my Monday morning time trial plan, where I shaved more than intended off my target time. Target: 9:55; actual 9:35. Given that the original aim was small incremental improvements over time, it should make next Monday interesting!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here