Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Using a season ticket for 1 match

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are huge amounts of people I see clutching a season ticket while going up and down trying to work out where the seat is. If it's your seat you'd know where it is!

Unbelievable in the North, well N1G anyways, the number of people up the stairs and past the dozy stewards and trying to find their seats with their ticket in one hand and a full-to-the-brim pint of lager in the other. Come here often then? :lol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Don't do what I did, first time I borrowed a season ticket I was frantically waving it under the scanner wondering why it wasn't working, until the steward pointed out I was waving it under the scanner of the other turnstile. *facepalm*

I did that recently and I've had a ST in the North from day one :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Admittedly I haven't been this season but you tap it on top, don't you? (Like an oyster card or debit card) What you describe is nothing like an oyster card or debit card and the scanner underneath is for barcodes on match-by-match tickets, is it not?

Nah, just wave it under......doesn't need to touch anything

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You have to scan it but also yell the entry password at the nearest steward. This password is texted out on the day of the game and is usually Albion related. You will need to get your mate to let you know the password on the day of the game, otherwise just ask someone else queuing up.

The password is now written up on the chalk board in The Sportsman before the game.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Don't worry it can be confusing for season ticket holders as well. For over three seasons we always used the entrance to the NS by the steps up to the west stand. Then we decided to use the entrance on the East side of the ground on day, I put my season tickets into the reader and couldn't get in. It took a steward to point out I was going into the wrong turnstile. In fact my daughter went through the turnstile I should have gone through so I had to move two turnstiles down to go though the one she opened but didn't use.

It is now clear the turnstiles on the east entrance to the NS are the opposite way round to the west side so you need to have your ST in your right hand in North west entrance and left hand in the North east entrance.

Yes, I've had that problem. I generally use the east entrance to the NS, but for U23 games, it's the west stand so have to think to use the scanner on the right rather than the left.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
3b218973333733bb6c88a6fd6b0dec2503e703e8_hq.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Using a friends season ticket for one game because they can't attend the match and I've never used a season ticket before, how do you enter the ground with it/scan it?? I obviously don't want to act like I've never used a season ticket before at the ground because trading season tickets isn't allowed so...

As you approach the first line of stewards you need to hold it in both hands high above your head and declare in a loud and bold voice:

“MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! FOR I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND I CLAIM MY RIGHT TO ENTER THIS STADIUM / GROUND (delete as appropriate) AND YOU MUST LET ME IN FORTHWITH!”
(You’ve probably seen the rest of us do this at each home game)

You then approach the entry barriers and the second line of stewards and must recite the Season Ticket Holder’s Oath which is as follows:

“I do solemnly swear that I will protect the Seagull, exercise my vocal chords in the stadium / ground, spend in the Club Shop either before or after the game and I will by the end of the game and to the best of my ability, identify at least one player who could have played better today”.

Once you’ve completed both of the previous steps successfully, just pop your card into the reader, push your way through and don’t look back. If you show any hesitation they will set the dogs onto you.

Good luck with your mission!

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Admittedly I haven't been this season but you tap it on top, don't you? (Like an oyster card or debit card) What you describe is nothing like an oyster card or debit card and the scanner underneath is for barcodes on match-by-match tickets, is it not?

It doesn't have to make physical contact. Just put it under the sensor and it'll pick up on the card. I'm assuming it's using some sort of NFC? Experts - aren't you one of those tech people - could tell me otherwise.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You then approach the entry barriers and the second line of stewards and must recite the Season Ticket Holder’s Oath which is as follows:

“I do solemnly swear that I will protect the Seagull, exercise my vocal chords in the stadium / ground, spend in the Club Shop either before or after the game and I will by the end of the game and to the best of my ability, identify at least one player who could have played better today”.

You forgot the bit about "I will stay to the final whistle and remain in the stand vigorously clapping the players off the pitch, win, lose or draw"

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It's actually changed since the last international break. It's now 'Palace'.

You’ve been reliably misinformed.

Correct protocol now is to don a black hoody and arms aloft yell EEEEEEAAAAGGGGGGLLLEEESS!

And thereafter acquire lifetime LION Judas status entitling you to triple loyalty points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just hand the pass to the steward and he will tear off a bit, give you back the rest of it, push on a lever with his foot and let you through. At some point some fat bloke will make a comment about the turnstiles getting narrower.

Oh, and it’s sit anywhere now.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You forgot the bit about "I will stay to the final whistle and remain in the stand vigorously clapping the players off the pitch, win, lose or draw"

Lots of so-called-fans forget about that bit... in fact, I'm sure there will be thread about it on saturday evening where some uber-fan will complain about the JCLs leaving early. Someone will point out they they had to leave early to catch a train back to Bavaria or Haywards Heath or somewhere else. People will say that leaving on 85 mins is worse than murder and other people will point out that you pay your money and you can choose when you want to leave. It will be boring and predictable. I think that it might even have been dropped from the oath now because of the problems caused by the post-match, leave-early thread after after bloody game!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here