Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums Thread - 2017

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm sure this will definitely interest the likes of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] [MENTION=22975]DavidinSouthampton[/MENTION] and all the other Neil Young fans on here. It's a chance for a pre-release listen to his acoustic Hitchhiker album which kind of got abandoned in 1976 and is finally being released next week. A lot of the tunes featured on later albums but there's two new tunes: Hawaii and Give Me Strength. Both are instant classics but I especially like Hawaii.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/31/547036559/first-listen-neil-young-hitchhiker

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure this will definitely interest the likes of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] [MENTION=22975]DavidinSouthampton[/MENTION] and all the other Neil Young fans on here. It's a chance for a pre-release listen to his acoustic Hitchhiker album which kind of got abandoned in 1976 and is finally being released next week. A lot of the tunes featured on later albums but there's two new tunes: Hawaii and Give Me Strength. Both are instant classics but I especially like Hawaii.

Cheers Buzzer, I will give that a listen, it does indeed appear to be right up my street :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

o

Thanks. My interest goes back to Buffalo Springfield and solo stuff like Harvest..... Frightening how long he's been around..

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Latest mix can be found here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/mix-31/

Tracklist:
1. Sofi Tukker - Johny
2. Grooms - Turn your body
3. Girl Ray - Monday Tuesday
4. Ekin Fil - Daireler
5. Girl One & the Grease Guns - Telegraph Street
6. Sadaf - Walk on water
7. Not Waving ft. Marie Davidson - Where are we
8. x.i - Prince William Sound
9. Banny Grove - Cars in control
10. Trance Farmers - Money
11. Goat Girl - Crow cries
12. Bomber Jackets - Death of a bargain hunter
13. Kllo - Downfall
14. Lone Taxidermist - Home
15. Stacian - Telephonix
16. Four Tet - Planet

Playing time - 60 minutes

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Heard 4 or so tracks so far from this, promises to be one of the albums of the year for me. Out 29/9.

41MjWNu89aL._SX425_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ooh! Will check that out. Am looking forward to getting my hands on Nadine Shah and Zola Jesus's new albums. Will report back. I've come to love the Aldous Harding album and at the moment can't seem to get it off repeat on my iPod. So many talented female musicians out there.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Ooh! Will check that out. Am looking forward to getting my hands on Nadine Shah and Zola Jesus's new albums. Will report back. I've come to love the Aldous Harding album and at the moment can't seem to get it off repeat on my iPod. So many talented female musicians out there.

Have you listened to Julie Byrne ? Been listening to her new Album Not Even Happiness. A folky singer songwriter from Buffalo N/Y

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Apologies if already mentioned but loving the new Mogwai album, Every Country's Sun. Think they've been listening to Pisces Iscariot by Smashing Pumpkins, no bad thing.

Quick plug while I'm here - my new single Hemaneh is out today, especially to celebrate our first PL win (*cough, honestly, cough*). I think this one would sound good ringing around The Amex pre-match...

https://damselfly1.bandcamp.com/track/hemaneh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8AebfpY9o

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, the LCD Soundsystem album is decent isn't it. That first track is a smasher. Album artwork is shit though, which stopped me buying a physical copy.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Too many albums to catch up with: Nadine Shah, Mogwai, LCD Soundsystem, Alvvays, The National, reissue of first Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever EP. I'm drowning in (multi-coloured) vinyl. Thank goodness I decided not to pursue an impulse buy of the Paramore album that's just come out on vinyl too. Expensive times for the vinyl-loving community...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, the LCD Soundsystem album is decent isn't it. That first track is a smasher. Album artwork is shit though, which stopped me buying a physical copy.

I'm loving it. Even that Call The Police track sounds better in the context of the album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currently listening to EMA and Blanck Mass. Both great, Blanck is very good indeed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Am I the only one who thinks the LCD album is a bit dull?

It's got some great tracks but there's a few that don't really get going and whilst I've never had a problem with LCD wearing their influences on their sleeves in the past some of it seems a bit rip offy/ lazy this time.

Furthermore, Call The Police, whilst undoubtedly a total banger is 'All My Friends' Mk2.

Don't get me wrong, it's still well worth a listen unlike that dire Arcade Fire record.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks the LCD album is a bit dull?

It's got some great tracks but there's a few that don't really get going and whilst I've never had a problem with LCD wearing their influences on their sleeves in the past some of it seems a bit rip offy/ lazy this time.

Furthermore, Call The Police, whilst undoubtedly a total banger is 'All My Friends' Mk2.

Don't get me wrong, it's still well worth a listen unlike that dire Arcade Fire record.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Possibly.

But each to their own, yeah? I also love the Arcade Fire album.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here