Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New and improved WiFi at amex

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Paul Barber mentioned this at the fans forum. Anyone know anything about it and how they've upgraded? Likely speeds?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What do you need it for, out of interest?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

So he can immediately read your posts, on the extreme off-chance that you have written something interesting ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So he can immediately read your posts, on the extreme off-chance that you have written something interesting ?

A bit far-fetched.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'll bite. I almost never look at my phone during a game but I'd like to be able to check the teams and the BHAFC twitter feed before the game as part of the build up, get scores at half time (they MAY be on the tellys but they may not and I may still be up in the stand looking after kids anyway) and - here's where I may briefly check in game - check the scores again around 80 mins to see where we might end up in the table and potentially cash out a bet or two.

Not much to ask is it? At the moment I get sweet FA either on 4G or wireless.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll bite. I almost never look at my phone during a game but I'd like to be able to check the teams and the BHAFC twitter feed before the game as part of the build up, get scores at half time (they MAY be on the tellys but they may not and I may still be up in the stand looking after kids anyway) and - here's where I may briefly check in game - check the scores again around 80 mins to see where we might end up in the table and potentially cash out a bet or two.

I am surprised you got nothing on both 4g and wireless. I use an app on my smartwatch which I love, Sofascore, there are similar equally as good alternatives as well. All the relevant scores from any division are delivered and a quick look at the watch when it vibrates keeps me up to date. Obviously it isn't good to keep being distracted but an injury, throw on or suchlike is adequate time to catch up. I found it particularly useful when we were in danger of the drop, it was good to read Cardiff had gone one down etc. The app uses little data so works really well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am surprised you got nothing on both 4g and wireless. I use an app on my smartwatch which I love, Sofascore, there are similar equally as good alternatives as well. All the relevant scores from any division are delivered and a quick look at the watch when it vibrates keeps me up to date. Obviously it isn't good to keep being distracted but an injury, throw on or suchlike is adequate time to catch up. I found it particularly useful when we were in danger of the drop, it was good to read Cardiff had gone one down etc. The app uses little data so works really well.

I have new phone, as in the latest tech I guess, and can't get either 4G or WiFi at The Amex and I'm in the Library area (ESU).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sofascore is great on Android because it reads out the score when you get a goal notification. Great for when you're watching a game on TV and don't need to look at phone or when you're in a car driving

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Woosh

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

That was kind of my point. I never seem to be able to get on SSN to check scores, and WhatsApp doesn’t work properly. If they could just sort that out then it would be fine.

Asking about speeds etc seemed to suggest the need to be able to download stuff, which just seems weird at a football match.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have new phone, as in the latest tech I guess, and can't get either 4G or WiFi at The Amex and I'm in the Library area (ESU).

Doubly weird then as I am in the family stand directly underneath you. Connecting to the cloud has occasionally been patchy but usually works and my 4g is sufficient for the app although doesn't often work on social media (no great loss there). Let's hope the new wifi is much improved then if @Guinessboy and you are having problems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The kidz sat in front of me show me any 'incidents' that may have occurred in the dim and distant SW corner, a couple of minutes after the event.

It'll be nice if that process is quicker. :lol:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Yeah for pre-game line-ups, whilst enjoying a harvey’s outside. (Have the club addresses the toilet issue?)
And scores at HT & FT.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
During those cringeworthy home games eg Bmuff 0-5, as I sat in the NS, I typed on NSC.

Bad fan. In not watching every single pass by Ake, Lerma, Fraser, as they took the p.

Getting up and walking at at 0-3 seemed more attractive to me

I find the speed so slow when I’m at the Amex, especially after games, which is the only time I look at the internet that I give up pretty quickly

Be good if there is even a small improvement

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Doubly weird then as I am in the family stand directly underneath you. Connecting to the cloud has occasionally been patchy but usually works and my 4g is sufficient for the app although doesn't often work on social media (no great loss there). Let's hope the new wifi is much improved then if @Guinessboy and you are having problems.

Indeed, I'm only using the Sky Sports App for Premier League scores but no chance.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

In the NS, during the game, its never been an issue to check scores of other games, sometimes it take a bit to load up, its only half time that everything dies when so many people try to get online. However, compared to every other premier league ground ours is by far the best, even though it appears to be rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here