Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or click the unsubscribe button??

Would be quite revealing to see the levels of Unsubscribes since this clickbait bolleaux kicked in. NSC users first port of call re meaningful new signings will always be NSC. Not quite sure what the club stands to gain by tricking people into opening mails with misleading Subject titles. There's probably no more than 500 people, including friends and family, who give a shit about the latest Women's team signing. Way to alienate the majority of the mailing list :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Too many snowflakes crying about things they don't like (boo hoo hoo the club sent me an email about a female player I didn't want, boo hoo hoo). Just unsubscribe from the emails and shut up about it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
That is a total unsubscribe. I think the preferred choice is selective unsubscribe.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That is a total unsubscribe. I think the preferred choice is selective unsubscribe.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The club won't do this because the subscriber number for womens list would be too small to attract any reasonable 'club partnerships' (aka sponsors) to also advertise on

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
And I've answered : Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Which is what they're doing.

Like it or lump it every single team we have will be referred to as 'Albion' or Seagulls or whatever the hell they like. So when you get an email saying 'Albion sign BlahBlahBlah' they are being factually accurate.

FFS the club has consistently been about inclusivity and togetherness so why would they use exclusive names in their marketing.

The women are part of the football club. They're going to be called Albion in communications for as long as they exist I should imagine and people will have to learn to get on with it. Or just f**king ignore it for gawds sake.

Aaaaaand breathe.

I'm unsure how there's another 7 pages after this. Perfect answer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

As sure others will point out, that means...oh, I can’t me arsed. You work it out! :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair, the unsubscribe and email preferences page for the Albion looks very un user friendly and confusing. .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The women’s team is apart of the football club. Is that a really difficult concept to understand?
Is it really that difficult to understand that the issue here is nothing to do with the women's team as such, it is to do with misleading clickbait ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
last time we signed a player without a sniff on insight it would have been under Gus. When we signed Dobbie and Hammond, I have usually read about it on here, the argus or friends well before anything I recieve by the club.

Just ignore it.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I don`t want to unsubscibe....I want to hear what`s going on in the mens team/game. But headlines relating to signings of women and ref to WSL which I take to be (west stand lower) where I sit are tedious to say the least.
All the interest or lack of it is proved surely by the fact you can by a season ticket for womens game for £30 and I doubt they`ve sold many. The club should allow people to cop out of any correspondence about womens game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Surely it is not in the clubs interests for lots of people to unsubscribe from club emails just for the sake of adding a bit of text to differentiate which team the email is about

It does appear that the club is being deliberately obtuse for the sake of inclusiveness.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Is here an option to unsubscribe from women’s football emails, or if you unsubscribe is that from all emails?

Also, isn’t it time you sorted a Brighton Women’s twitter account so those who are interested can follow, and keep the trolling off the BHAFC Twitter account?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here