Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
they could have hatched out the plot and been summoned to the next door neighbours house when they knew he was in there then 1 left and walked down the road as if a passer by. It is strange that they recorded the shouting, I dont think many would have certainty not me or any of my family the only recordings we have is pre empted. and done deliberately..

pasted-graphic.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've only rang the Police a couple of times, once recently when some teenage girls were kicking the shit out of other in Shepherds Bush.

.. I mean really kicking the shit out of each other.

The other time was when my posh young neighbours were hammered (on Saturday afternoon) and after finishing a bottle of beer from their first floor flat, were blindly throwing the glass bottles out of the window onto the road below.

I tried to reason with them, but was called a Jeremy Hunt. So after a while rang the police.

Two WPCs turned up and I was amazed at their reaction.

They made the two lads come down onto the road and clean it with a dustpan and brush on their hands and knees.

Not just the glass mind, cigarette butts and all.

Like Boris's neighbours, I've only ever really had neighbour trouble with over privileged dick heads.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Boris finally did an interview with Laura K from the Beeb. Thought she did OK and managed to confirm Boris has no plan, just think an empty negotiating table in Brussels will change everything before 31st Oct.

The dinosaurs Tory members in the shires are loving it

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've called the police on a neighbour before - he'd split with his partner and was shouting and throwing the contents of his kitchen cupboards onto his patio (under my bedroom window) at 1am.
I wasn't particularly concerned for his safety as he was a complete **** who'd been aggressive to my girlfriend, I did however want him to STFU! (which he'd refused to do despite a few polite requests)

You guys are having the wrong argument, there's no problem calling the police or giving a recording to the police, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
Giving a recording to the Guardian makes me question their motives and because of that I don't have much sympathy about the backlash from the right wing press.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So Boris finally did an interview with Laura K from the Beeb. Thought she did OK and managed to confirm Boris has no plan, just think an empty negotiating table in Brussels will change everything before 31st Oct.

Also totally embarrassing hearing Johnny Mercer (Boris cheerleader) on Radio 5 trying to explain away the Irish border problem and Johnson's so-called solution. He literally doesn't know what he's talking about and is very nearly admitting it. (And he's one of the better ones.)

We (well the Tory party) are sending an under-prepared buffoon into the most difficult and complex negotiations we've seen in a lifetime.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Also totally embarrassing hearing Johnny Mercer (Boris cheerleader) on Radio 5 trying to explain away the Irish border problem and Johnson's so-called solution. He literally doesn't know what he's talking about and is very nearly admitting it. (And he's one of the better ones.)

We (well the Tory party) are sending an under-prepared buffoon into the most difficult and complex negotiations we've seen in a lifetime.

Johnny Mercer is an absolute tool and like all the others will say anything for a cabinet job. The fun starts when all these lickers then find out they were used and lied to

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

It’s becoming clear that a large number of these MPs have just backed Boris for a job once the members vote him in.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

It really is pathetic.
Q. 'what will be your first priority once you get into No. 10?'
A. 'make sure there is a clear plan in place...'

FFS

I am pretty sure there is already a plan. And that is:

1. to continue insisting, against all evidence, that the EU will change their minds and give a new deal - and to establish in the public's mind that it is 'up to the EU to change and offer something new'

2. continue using this argument until we get so close to Oct 31st that it is too late to do anything but a 'no deal' Brexit

3. assume (possibly correctly) that the Tories+ DUP wil maintain a slim majority and that those saying they'd rebel will bottle any 'no confidence' vote, allowing Boris to stay in power and no deal brexit to happen

4. blame the ensuing chaos on the EU (see 1. above) assuming (probably correctly) that when things get bad it is always easy to point and blame an external 'enemy'

The alternative to this being the plan is that they are so genuinely stupid and deluded that they actually believe what they are saying

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It really is pathetic.
Q. 'what will be your first priority once you get into No. 10?'
A. 'make sure there is a clear plan in place...'

FFS

I am pretty sure there is already a plan. And that is:

1. to continue insisting, against all evidence, that the EU will change their minds and give a new deal - and to establish in the public's mind that it is 'up to the EU to change and offer something new'

2. continue using this argument until we get so close to Oct 31st that it is too late to do anything but a 'no deal' Brexit

3. assume (possibly correctly) that the Tories+ DUP wil maintain a slim majority and that those saying they'd rebel will bottle any 'no confidence' vote, allowing Boris to stay in power and no deal brexit to happen

4. blame the ensuing chaos on the EU (see 1. above) assuming (probably correctly) that when things get bad it is always easy to point and blame an external 'enemy'

The alternative to this being the plan is that they are so genuinely stupid and deluded that they actually believe what they are saying

This! Very much so. Especially point 4 - which you can already detect as an emerging narrative. A bit like someone preparing to jump off a bridge and then blaming the guy that tried to stop them when they are plunging towards the icy waters.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I think assuming that the rebels will bottle it will be a big mistake. There are some who have been deselected (or are about to be) - Grieve, Lee, Gyimah, Gauke - who have nothing to lose. There is also Ken Clarke who has constantly voted against the government on Europe and not suffered any consequences. And then there are Hammond and Stewart who are about to lose cabinet positions but are probably safe from deselection and defeat - they've made noises about voting 'no deal' down.

Remember, it doesn't take many to defeat the government

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Shoot the messenger. The shit between this upper class twit and his GF wasn't staged ffs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst most people with a brain can see he is completely unfit for office, it won't matter as long as he promises to deliver Brexit to the simpletons, regardless of its consequences. They absolutely have to win, you see. Being a misogynistic, racist, disorganised, incompetent, lying clown is absolutely fine because he's a lovable posh scamp who the thickets prefer over Corbyn.

See [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] for details.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sheer desperation in Remainer posts now.It must be finally getting through their immensely thick skins,and even thicker heads,we are Leaving.How long before they finally grasp reality?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Whilst most people with a brain can see he is completely unfit for office, it won't matter as long as long as he promises to deliver Brexit to the simpletons, regardless of its consequences. They absolutely have to win, you see. Being a misogynistic, racist, disorganised, incompetent, lying clown is absolutely fine because he's a lovable posh scamp who the thickets prefer over Corbyn.

Well put but I wouldn't dare be as rude as you :bowdown: then it really will hit the fan when a general election is called and it is a choice between Bojo and Jezza.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here