Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Enzo Calzaghe

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
If the OP is genuinely upset by the demise of 'Enzo' why not post a little more info as to whom he is referring!

I'm with [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] on this. Posting a tribute to the recently deceased should not require the reader to play a protracted game of 'Guess Who'. Not everyone knows who everyone is, certainly not by only their first name. It's very sad that Enzo Calzaghe has died, and my sympathies are with his family,

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Cock

RIP Enzo. Great man, father, trainer. The Calzaghe documentary is a great watch.

You're the cock for joining in with the OP's silly game of 'I Know Who Enzo Is Without Saying His Surname'.

Fully agree that the documentary is brilliant, and that he was all of the great things you mention. Sad to know he's passed.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Sympathies to the family of anyone deceased but this strikes me as a 'look at me' thread by the OP!!!!

Thought I did. I had a few drinks last night. I’m a big boxing fan and loved Enzo. Would never be disrespectful.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I won't lie, I thought Joe was just some 'famous' poster; similar to if someone said Ben's grandfather has just died.. I would never have guessed who Enzo was

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cock

RIP Enzo. Great man, father, trainer. The Calzaghe documentary is a great watch.

Nice! You make it sound like I was disrespecting him when I, and it would appear many others, hadn't a clue who he was just from his surname. The OP has now stated that the omission of the surname wasn't deliberate which is fair enough.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
The family have stated he has not died, and is fighting for his life. Stay strong Enzo.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The family have stated he has not died, and is fighting for his life. Stay strong Enzo.

An RIP thread for someone who is still alive ?
Crossed a line there.
Already Far too many RIP threads on NSC, with pointless ‘sympathies to the familes’ sentiments Who I’m guessing may not read This website.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nice! You make it sound like I was disrespecting him when I, and it would appear many others, hadn't a clue who he was just from his surname. The OP has now stated that the omission of the surname wasn't deliberate which is fair enough.

Sorry, meant to say first name.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
An RIP thread for someone who is still alive ?
Crossed a line there.
Already Far too many RIP threads on NSC, with pointless ‘sympathies to the familes’ sentiments Who I’m guessing may not read This website.

It was reported at 40 mins before I posted, by some reputable news agencies and former boxers. Not as if I heard from a drunk
down the pub.

A snippet from a statement by Team Calzaghe.

Carrie Calzaghe had previously cut short tributes for her uncle just hours after several high-profile boxing figures began passing on their condolences.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was reported at 40 mins before I posted, by some reputable news agencies and former boxers. Not as if I heard from a drunk
down the pub.

A snippet from a statement by Team Calzaghe.

Carrie Calzaghe had previously cut short tributes for her uncle just hours after several high-profile boxing figures began passing on their condolences.

Fair play.
Was only kidding.
Just find the thirst for rip threads a bit odd.
Obvs I Hope Enzo pulls through. Fine trainer of his son.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not often a father/son corner works well in boxing, this was an exception. Enzo with his fiery outbursts helped Joe prevail in the tough Hopkins fight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here