Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] *people with young children please read this*

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Some of those sold don't have the safety standard 'kite mark' and basically don't do the job they're supposed to ie detect carbon monoxide.

Report also says to get your old gas appliances checked

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIKCgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw2xl9jjuyaC2k0ezoGs1vLu

I had one that went off all the time. Assumed it was faulty and lashed it in the bin. When the boiler was due it's service, the engineer found a leak from the boiler to the vent. Whoops.

Always wondered why my family looked like something out of the Ready Brek adverts

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why does back up battery on a smoke alarm go in the middle of the night? Every. Single. Time

This is the sort of research universities should be doing. Not telling us something we already know like eating shite makes you ill!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Our smoke alarm went off twice last week and both times I didn’t hear it and was woken up by the Mrs as she heard it straight away.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My husband is hard of hearing, due to genetics but has a council provided vibrating pad in his pillow to wake him up.

Don’t know why but this image popped into my mind on reading that description.

e0d982f50da1d1d6f2e5e4786416c48f.jpg

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The last time Watchdog claimed something was a 'potential death trap' it was pop tarts from memory. How times have changed.

This is the 'Fake Britain' ethos. I love it how they always manage to find a 'potentially lethal' angle to every fake product. Whatever it is, they get an 'expert' to pump a million volts into it and then film the resultant bang.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really? Not allowed to call them deaf? Where did you read that?
There are varying degrees of hearing loss from profoundly deaf to hard of hearing.

My husband is hard of hearing, due to genetics but has a council provided vibrating pad in his pillow to wake him up.

Why do the council want to wake him up? Can't they just let him sleep? The council don't wake me up! Not sure if I should complain!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you've got small children try to stay way from nurofen painkillers. Them and some antibiotics are attributed to stephens-johnson disease. Definitely a no when they've got chickenpox too, heightens the risk and makes chicken pox worse.

Not widely known but important info to be aware of. A work colleague's son suffered the consequences at 4 years of age and was lucky to stay alive, life changing injuries from it though.

I strongly recommend that you don't google the illness, looks like a combination of a flamethrowing assault and frost bite. Horrible.

Appreciate it has nothing to do with fire alarms but..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why do the council want to wake him up? Can't they just let him sleep? The council don't wake me up! Not sure if I should complain!

They provide a flashing light for the doorbell and a volume enhancer when the phone rings, as well.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
They provide a flashing light for the doorbell and a volume enhancer when the phone rings, as well.

Definitely complaining. The council seem to be investing a lot in getting his attention and they just don't care about me.

Hang on... They only provide the volume enhancer when the phone rings??. How do they know it's going to ring? Do they take it away after or have you got lots of volume enhancers?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Definitely complaining. The council seem to be investing a lot in getting his attention and they just don't care about me.

Hang on... They only provide the volume enhancer when the phone rings??. How do they know it's going to ring? Do they take it away after or have you got lots of volume enhancers?

It's all clever stuff this new fangled electronic gizmo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here