SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We're just freeing up wages for Ibrahimovic's signing in January. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just what I heard. Potter dropping him appears to back that up though.

Or he picked Webster ahead of Duffy purely on footballing reasons and taking a good look at his squad? Think it is a bit of a leap to suggest that backs up a view it's off field issues.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What is Barnes' disciplinary record like now? He used to suffer from the "red mist" as well - even though I rated him at the time, I was relieved when he went. But he seems to have turned that around, so I'm surprised Potter hasn't worked on helping Andone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is Barnes' disciplinary record like now? He used to suffer from the "red mist" as well - even though I rated him at the time, I was relieved when he went. But he seems to have turned that around, so I'm surprised Potter hasn't worked on helping Andone.

It seems to me a big leap to, or just a big coincidence to suggest Potter allowing discussion on Andone going on loan is mainly to do with discipline. Yes he got a red, but that doesn't generally result in a manager getting rid for a year.

If Potter is sanctioning Andone going out on loan, I suspect it will be a lot more to do with ability, attitude and what Potter feels Andone offers than discipline. If it was just discipline, then I'd say you were right and GP would look to work on that with him, not turf him out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Or he picked Webster ahead of Duffy purely on footballing reasons and taking a good look at his squad? Think it is a bit of a leap to suggest that backs up a view it's off field issues.
I don't know why that got so many people so agitated. The theory was obviously that we didn't need height against City and the plan was to play out of defence and hit them on the break when you get past them. Webster was much better suited to passing out of defence than Duffy. Doesn't mean we will play that way every game but knowing how good City are at the high press, it seemed an effective tactic to stop the 80% - 20% possession that we normally encounter against them. Obviously didn't work with the result but I doubt Duffy would have made much difference against that attack.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]1168437997676781570[/tweet]

New transfers in Galatasaray Radamel Falcao and Florin Andone are currently undergoing health check. License process of two players started.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The coincidence of Knocky also being moved out in somewhat mysterious circumstances (man of the match against City at Wembley only a few months ago), seems to point to the notion that the “difficult” players are being axed.

I think most of us would wish we had such a strong structure at the club that we could cope with one or two of them.

Anyway it’s a risk as both these players were ideally suited to this more progressive style everyone is talking about

Agree on this.

Why move AK out instead of AJ? - must be attitude.

Why move Andone out? - must be attitude.

Yes - he cost us the game against Southampton - but is that enough to ship him out?

BIG risk IMO unless we've got someone (free agent) lined up.

I liked Andone, I like players who play on the edge, and look like they care, but I agree he's a red card waiting to happen.

Thanks for 'that' goal last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree on this.

Yes - he cost us the game against Southampton - but is that enough to ship him out?

I liked Andone, I like players who play on the edge, and look like they care, but I agree he's a red card waiting to happen.

And also thanks for the 79th minute winner v Huddersfield in March... without which ... ?!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Season So Far

giphy (35).gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand why the player movement decisions all have to be linked?

AK's USP doesn't fit with Potter's playing ethos.
Big Jurg was given the luxury of some playing time and didn't prove himself beyond the championship (much to my surprise)
This season Andone has got the same amount of red cards as Swansea did last season.

All 3 can easily be taken in isolation.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, it would be expensive and a bit disproportionate to loan out anyone who ever gets sent off

Agree on this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, it would be expensive and a bit disproportionate to loan out anyone who ever gets sent off
That depends on what statement you are making, message you are sending, by doing the deal.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here