Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City next weekend - how should we set up?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bring Webster in and play Burn upfront. Gives us four CB to defend at set pieces.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're doomed

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I’d say that is absolutely nailed on for next week’s game. What’s the expression? Oh yes, Free Hit (and we will be however we set up) Just a case of how many Ryan picks out of his net.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've been at the races and arguably ahead of the game In all 3 games so far, so I'd not expect wholesale change.

Perhaps bolstering the midfield with Mooy and use Gross/Murray or Gross Maupay Trossard

I'd like to see AJ on the right, or at least on the bench assuming he is firing on all cylinders behind the scenes.
If you add Mooy to the midfield we haven't got room for Gross, Maupay and Trossard. Unless we play with 12 or 13, which wouldn't be a bad idea if we could get away with it!

No place for another try out for Jahanbakhsh in a game like this. Bristol Rovers if you must give him some game time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think we should have five at the back.

Five of these.... :hilton:

tnks.jpeg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Attack, they're used to teams just sitting back waiting for the inevitable, if we are to lose then a positive approach will at least give the traveling fans something to applaud.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you add Mooy to the midfield we haven't got room for Gross, Maupay and Trossard. Unless we play with 12 or 13, which wouldn't be a bad idea if we could get away with it!

No place for another try out for Jahanbakhsh in a game like this. Bristol Rovers if you must give him some game time.

13 would be good, although I was thinking either or . . . . 3-2-3-2 with Mooy the addition, and 2 strikers, or stick with 3-4-3, Gross Trossard and Maupay

Being wildly optimistic we could score and get a result, being realistic we'll lose so may as well use it as a free hit with possible changes, depending on the mid week game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mr Potter seems to have done ok against them in the cup with Swansea, albeit at home. I think he will know their game plan pretty well so I have faith he can avoid a complete disaster and maybe even surprise a few people

Exactly.

In fact, if memory serves me correctly, Swansea could have won that game, but for a few dodgy decisions going against them.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’d like to say we competed...whatever that means against City.

Same plan as usual, but wingbacks aren’t to bomb on. Hope our front three can fashion a chance from somewhere.

Or perhaps instead of a front three, play central with Gross playing behind two up top?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here