Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Free to a good home

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's sometimes just not worth it....

I run an electronics forum (putting it basically, but it's a bit more glam than that..) and offered a few fairly rare and valuable spare parts, for free.

First up, it's the 'I want them posting to Indonesia / Australia / Europe etc' - then they don't refund you the postage, never mind the time and money you've wasted queuing at the post office, then when they fit them wrongly and damage them they ask for the postage back, you get no thanks when they do work, and you also get emails from pissed off people who are in different time zones and missed out as they were asleep...

What I'm saying is, that sometimes it can be a real hassle giving things away for free - and I've now stopped. It's not worth the hassle.

Then you're doing it wrong!

The whole point about FreeCycle is that it's local, and people come to collect the stuff in person, and accept it "as is". Why on earth would you deal with anywhere abroad?

I get the point about rare/valuable stuff, but the thread is about goal nets. 99% of what people give away is useful everyday stuff that they no longer need themselves. No hassle with that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Last seasons goal nets are in a skip outside the Amex ticket office at the moment. Might need to explain to security what you're doing if you're just walking around with them but if you're quick you'll be fine..

View attachment 114249

Has the skip got a chock, stopping it from rolling down the car park, otherwise someones car is going to have a little bodywork done on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here