Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
From "Banana" (who appears to be ITK on the Bees forum):

Originally Posted by PLE
I'm hearing Brighton deal is off couldn't agree personal terms rumours have it.
Don't shoot the messenger!!

Banana:

Absolutely no chance. And please don't copy shit from Twitter onto here. Please do a little research first. e.g. how many followers do they have, what are their previous tweets like etc.

Otherwise this place just becomes a junk dump for anyone with a Twitter account.

Personal terms were agreed weeks ago probably.

Let's wait and see first before throwing any dummies around.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Responding to Dingodan.........Peter Ward wasn’t a tall target man.
Seriously. 20 goal a season “guaranteed” strikers in the EPL are almost as rare as hen’s teeth. To survive and thrive you need goals from throughout the side.
The first worry is creating shooting opportunities. Second is being brave enough to try shooting rather than take that one extra pass which failed so often last season. That’s why I especially enjoyed what I saw from Trossard and Locadia in particular in pre-season

I agree with all of that. Sorry I was only really including strikers in my living memory (30 odd years).

You are right also when you say the first worry is creating shooting opportunities. Maupay scored most of his goals last season from close range, that seems to be his thing. If he is to be successful then we are going to need to be creating those kinds of chances for him, and those aren't easy to create in the PL.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brentford have signed forward Bryan Mbeumo from French Ligue 2 side Troyes AC for an undisclosed fee. So I suppose that now releases Maupay to sign for us?

Winger...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah the tweet is:

And again

[With this posted beneath]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well if theses rumours are true then we've managed to lose 2 strikers in one day.

That's some going

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's what a lot of the replies suggest - Maupay staying etc...

Tbh it actually isn't massively ambiguous.

phrase. If something happens by a twist of fate, it happens by chance, and it is strange, interesting, or unfortunate in some way. By a curious twist of fate, cricket was also my favourite sport. In a cruel twist of fate, Ann is also suffering from the disease.

Something has happened. Could be anything though I guess.

If it's "fate" then it would suggest something other than a decision someone has made somewhere, I would guess at an issue with someones medical? But that could be an in or an out and if it's an out, it may or may not be our target. (and obviously I'm speculating a lot)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m not believing any forum talk until it’s confirmed by an actual reporter on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here