Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Getting impatient now when's this getting announced !!?

I know - the longer this goes on, the more I fear it will fall through at the last minute.

Also, I can't concentrate on work, because I'm refreshing this page ever couple of minutes!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone moan when we signed Knockhaert?

I encourage you to put me on ignore. You said once you disagree with 90% of what I post. On this occasion you have been whooshed by my facetious comment. The answer to you question is 'of course not' but he is an exemplar of a player from a foreign league is he not? No of course he isn't because exemplars are silly stereoptypes, and players' virtue is innate, not predicated by their provenance. FFS. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm certainly not going to believe anything I read on this deal until its been confirmed by [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION].

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There are those on here who moan when we sing forigners such as AJ and Knockaert, noting there must be better up and coming players in the English Championship to spaff on. There are those who sneer at Wet Sham for spaffing on 'proven' old PL lags. And there are those who are never satisfied. Personally I think they are all wrong.

This. It seems as if some people are never happy unless we are competing with Barca for the singing of Hazard or Bale from RM.

All mid to lower PL teams fish in the PL 'past prime', EPL and foreign leagues because proven PL goal scorers are in demand. Therefore we'll get our share of players that just can't cut it at the top level. Does this mean our whole club, scouts and management structure are d*ckheads and don't know what they are doing. Or are they doing what they can with the knowledge and funds available and making informed but inheritanly risky deals for those we can realistically afford knowing that there will be the odd failure?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Does tsb moaning count? Guy needs to go and support Man City

TSB is the most clueless poster on NSC so nothing surprises me with what he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright you *****? This is my very first post on this thread, but I see the fanatics are still talking about me.
If you're mistrusted in Essex, you're doing something right.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sorry if this has been mentioned but could the announcement be held back in case it becomes a double signing

Thought Brian Owen mentioned something about a major signing last night?

That was my interpretation?

Was there something else we don’t know about yet?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I read that as Maupay being the major signing.
Yep, some guys on Twitter seemed to think it was referring to another signing. I think Owen was merely saying they'd be prepared for Maupay to sign late last night or if not, his (major signing) would be announced today sometime.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry if this has been mentioned but could the announcement be held back in case it becomes a double signing

Thought Brian Owen mentioned something about a major signing last night?

[tweet]1158086921916166144[/tweet]

Is this the tweet you’re referring to?

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
That was my interpretation?

Was there something else we don’t know about yet?

I don't know if Owen meant transfers in or out, but he did hint at 'surprises' in a tweet earlier this morning:

[Tweet] 1158294852636938240 [/Tweet]

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Maybe the hold up is that he is asking for Maur Pay...

(I'll get my coat)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here