Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Would you like it changed then? 23:00 31st October 2019 ?

I'm sure a friendly mod will oblige.

Yes please, I would like you to take the responsibility you took for keeping the Brexit thread title up to date and changing the leave date each time it changes.

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

It's probably just me but it annoys me when people won't take responsibility for the results of what they've done

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Politics is a career these days with every single politician, regardless of political persuasion, being only interested in personal aggrandisement and serving their own selfish interests. They are all equally to blame for the shit state we are in.

Read biographies of politicians from a century ago. Or Trollope's Parliamentary novels.
The difference between solvency and insolvency for a lot of them was the salary that went with a ministerial position.
Churchill, Asquith, Lloyd George....
Nothing has changed.
There was no golden age.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes please, I would like you to take the responsibility you took for keeping the Brexit thread title up to date and changing the leave date each time it changes.

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

It's probably just me but it annoys me when people won't take responsibility for the results of what they've done

As I said, I don't go on that thread any more. If another friendly mod would like to change then fine, but it really wouldn't bother me one way or the other.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Read biographies of politicians from a century ago. Or Trollope's Parliamentary novels.
The difference between solvency and insolvency for a lot of them was the salary that went with a ministerial position.
Churchill, Asquith, Lloyd George....
Nothing has changed.
There was no golden age.

Nothing has changed apart from the incompetence and shallowness of those in parliament today. There are no Statesmen(women) or anyone who inspires confidence. A personal opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s more like the thick of it every minute.

Chancellor of the Exchequer - Sajid Javid
Home Secretary - Priti Patel
Foreign Secretary (and First Secretary of State) - Dominic Raab
Defence Secretary - Ben Wallace
BrExit Secretary - Stephen Barclay
Cabinet Office as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, no deal coordinator - Michael Gove

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rees mogg has been made lord high executioner and minister for plague control.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Theresa Villiers has been appointed Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I know that it hard for many here on NSC,but give the guy a chance. As for Labour crying over democracy they had no issues shoeing in G/B. Did you get a vote on that ?.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes installing Priti Patel who called for return of the death penalty, voted against same sex marriage, and threatened to use Irish food shortages in the event of no deal as leverage against the back stop, surely indicates that this will be the most liberal cabinet in years.

This is all true and disgraceful but I will concede that he is liberal.
But he is also a total clown and has a loose mouth, give it a month, the cover will come down and he will balls it right up as soon as a statesmanlike decision is to be made, unless he is guided like a puppet.
I could not believe his Churchill impression this afternoon, he really knows how to pull the strings of the stupid.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I know that it hard for many here on NSC,but give the guy a chance. As for Labour crying over democracy they had no issues shoeing in G/B. Did you get a vote on that ?.

If there is any crumb of sense left he should never been allowed to be in a position to be allowed a chance.
This country has gone potty.
The cabinet is like Zippos Circus, the Tories are totally split and truly pathetic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here