Bexhill-on-Sea
you could get arrested for that

So could he

PRI_69889703.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Quality and value for money are 2 very different things.

As an aside [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] you do seem quite obsessed with "value for money"; are you naturally a bit of a miser?

Anyone who isn't interested in value for money either has too much money or not enough sense and has absolutely nothing to do with being a miser.

Don't confuse value for money with cheap.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone who isn't interested in value for money either has too much money or not enough sense and has absolutely nothing to do with being a miser.

Don't confuse value for money with cheap.

Oh I agree but of all the posters on NSC the only one I can recall using the phrase value for money is BG and he's used it multiple times. Just had me curious.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
nothing specific just meat in general

"meat in general" is a tad vague - you can't be general on a comparison, compare ones fillet with the other's brisket and the fillet will win on quality but never on price. Now, if you compare fillet with fillet, or brisket with brisket, then apples with apples is comparable and the price then becomes a consideration when buying.

Suggest, buy one fillet steak from each and cook in the same pan to your liking - cut both in half, and then eat 2 halves [the missus can have the other two halves, if not the mutt] - you'll then know your OWN TASTE - and it'll be a "game of two halves". Is there a chance they both came from the same abattoir?

As the saying goes, "One man's meat is another man's poison"
Suck it and see - as the old 'uns say ....
You may prefer something that others don't ....

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Join us next week on Pensioners Weekly when special correspondent Ben’s Grandad spends thirty minutes on the bus to Uckfield in search of a nice cup of tea before arriving and forgetting what it was he came into town for.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is money so tight, and your life so empty, that you'd rather sit on a bus all the way to Hangleton and back (2 hours each way? :shrug:) than buy meat from Waitrose, Middletons or Cottenham's?

I would never use any of those 3 or the new one in the Orchards s all too expensive but by going to wherever on the bus gets me out of the house for a few hours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most modern buses are air conditioned if only the idiots on them dont open the windows. thinking that will reduce the temperature.

I know but it doesn't reduce the temperature a great deal. I wouldn't want to take shopping home on them especially in summer.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
by going to wherever on the bus gets me out of the house for a few hours.

I hear ya BG. There's this retired chap I see on the bus on occasion who spends several hours most days doing the routes. His wife passed away a while back and this is his main way of getting out and getting some distraction and social interaction. I try not to catch his eye these days though after he bored the living shit out of me all the way from Churchill Square to Upper Beeding one time. If you are one and the same person, sorry.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the windows are all kept shut it brings the temperature down to whatever it is set at and the same goes for shops that have air conditioning but the staff leave the front door open. If you have been to Florida you will be aware of how effective air conditioning is if used properly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would never use any of those 3 or the new one in the Orchards s all too expensive but by going to wherever on the bus gets me out of the house for a few hours.

Translates as Mrs BG wants to get you out of the house for a few hours. :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If the windows are all kept shut it brings the temperature down to whatever it is set at and the same goes for shops that have air conditioning but the staff leave the front door open. If you have been to Florida you will be aware of how effective air conditioning is if used properly.

Never change BG, never change. This forum wouldn't be the same without you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here