Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So of all the things I could choose to have a pop at this total clown, I will choose 1 for now.
The grass root members of this car crash of a government, which is rife with Islamaphobia, have, by quite some distance, voted in and supporting a man who actually said that Muslim women look like post boxes and bank robbers.
For that reason alone, as I have a total abhorrence to racism, this is politically a very very sad day for this country.
I could have mentioned at least 10 other reasons but this is the final straw.
And it's no good going on about anti semitism either, equally as bad but Corbyn is not Prime Minister.
The fact that racially, this country is going backwards after so many forward steps, is a cause of a great deal of sadness to me.
We have a racist Prime Minister, never thought I would see it, and Trump over in the US as well.
Today is a very dark day for the UK.

Don't overlook:

Boris Johnson said:
the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would rather become the 51st state of the USA than tolerate British politics right now - even with their wan*er in charge.

The bloke will never re-unite this country but the bigger point is that he couldn't actually care less.

How did it come to this?

Nobody will reunite it as we stand.

There is no party fit to govern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I guess in the world of Trump in the White House, Love Island and Youtubers, it was always likely that we would at some point end up with someone like Boris as Prime Minister.

Post-truth politics finally has it's poster boy in charge.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't overlook:

Not forgetting that he followed that up with:

"They say he (Tony Blair) is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird."

So many to choose from though:

"For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing."

"the majority tyranny of apartheid would be followed by the majority tyranny of black rule."

"The continent may be a blot, but it is not a blot upon our conscience. The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty."

"We don’t want our children being taught some rubbish about homosexual marriage being the same as normal marriage."

"If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

"The deaths of more than 50 Liverpool football supporters at Hillsborough in 1989 was undeniably a greater tragedy than the single death, however horrible, of Mr Bigley; but that is no excuse for Liverpool’s failure to acknowledge, even to this day, the part played in the disaster by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground that Saturday afternoon."

"The unanimous opinion is that what has been called the ‘Tottymeter’ reading is higher than at any Labour Party conference in living memory” “Time and again the ‘Tottymeter’ has gone off as a young woman delegate mounts the rostrum."

"The only reason I wouldn’t visit some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump."

"They have got a brilliant vision to turn Sirte into the next Dubai. The only thing they have got to do is clear the dead bodies away."

"One comment I would make is that I think an awful lot of the money, an awful lot of police time, now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey – £60 million I saw was being spaffed up the wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing."

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I guess in the world of Trump in the White House, Love Island and Youtubers, it was always likely that we would at some point end up with someone like Boris as Prime Minister.

Post-truth politics finally has it's poster boy in charge.

It's like some Simpsons-esque cartoon shitemare

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not forgetting that he followed that up with:

"They say he (Tony Blair) is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird."

So many to choose from though:

"For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing."

"the majority tyranny of apartheid would be followed by the majority tyranny of black rule."

"The continent may be a blot, but it is not a blot upon our conscience. The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty."

"We don’t want our children being taught some rubbish about homosexual marriage being the same as normal marriage."

"If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

"The deaths of more than 50 Liverpool football supporters at Hillsborough in 1989 was undeniably a greater tragedy than the single death, however horrible, of Mr Bigley; but that is no excuse for Liverpool’s failure to acknowledge, even to this day, the part played in the disaster by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground that Saturday afternoon."

"The unanimous opinion is that what has been called the ‘Tottymeter’ reading is higher than at any Labour Party conference in living memory” “Time and again the ‘Tottymeter’ has gone off as a young woman delegate mounts the rostrum."

"The only reason I wouldn’t visit some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump."

"They have got a brilliant vision to turn Sirte into the next Dubai. The only thing they have got to do is clear the dead bodies away."

"One comment I would make is that I think an awful lot of the money, an awful lot of police time, now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey – £60 million I saw was being spaffed up the wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing."

It is genuinely difficult to believe that somebody responsible for those statements (and make no mistake, these are the 'palatable' beliefs that he is happy to share with the world - Christ knows the depths of his true lack of ethics or morals)

Make no mistake - anyone who votes for, or otherwise supports a man who likens female muslims to letterboxes, refers to black children by derogatory racist terms, and equates same sex marriage to bestiality, is either a ****, or very, very, very stupid.

Or both.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just think on this gloriously sunny day our new PM-designate, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is currently assembling a cabinet of 'all the talents' ... (Raab, Mordant, Leadsom, Mogg, Duncan Smith, Truss .. ?) exciting! :cool:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes hypocrisy in politics is nothing new but if you can give an example of hypocrisy quite as brazen as slaughtering the government of the day for introducing a new PM without the mandate of a GE in a magazine article from the opposition benches and then being the beneficiary of exactly that a few years later, I'd love to hear about it.

The sad thing is that such people are simply never held to account for their hypocrisy. It just gets lost.

Did you read his speech on the advantages of being in the E.U. a few years back. I’m actually beginning to laugh at it all now. This is the weirdest dream I’ve ever had.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is genuinely difficult to believe that somebody responsible for those statements (and make no mistake, these are the 'palatable' beliefs that he is happy to share with the world - Christ knows the depths of his true lack of ethics or morals)

Make no mistake - anyone who votes for, or otherwise supports a man who likens female muslims to letterboxes, refers to black children by derogatory racist terms, and equates same sex marriage to bestiality, is either a ****, or very, very, very stupid.

Or both.

Just think on this gloriously sunny day our new PM-designate, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is currently assembling a cabinet of 'all the talents' ... (Raab, Mordant, Leadsom, Mogg, Duncan Smith, Truss .. ?) exciting! :cool:

Which are you JC? (you are allowed to pick both, btw)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So of all the things I could choose to have a pop at this total clown, I will choose 1 for now.
The grass root members of this car crash of a government, which is rife with Islamaphobia, have, by quite some distance, voted in and supporting a man who actually said that Muslim women look like post boxes and bank robbers.
For that reason alone, as I have a total abhorrence to racism, this is politically a very very sad day for this country.
I could have mentioned at least 10 other reasons but this is the final straw.
And it's no good going on about anti semitism either, equally as bad but Corbyn is not Prime Minister.
The fact that racially, this country is going backwards after so many forward steps, is a cause of a great deal of sadness to me.
We have a racist Prime Minister, never thought I would see it, and Trump over in the US as well.
Today is a very dark day for the UK.

I'm not sure he is a genuine racist, I think he just spouts nonsense in all directions, some of which is racist but he does not genuinely get the connection. I listened to his first post-election " speech " and it was just a ramble of hopes, aspirations and fillers.... " Ping off the guy ropes " ? bear in mind he was odds on to win this yet he stood up and waffled like a boy at the back of class who the teacher had spotted him whispering to his mate and was then told to stand up and explain the last five minutes of the lesson.

Tommorow at 12.00 we say goodbye to the second worst Prime Minister in British history,and, at about 5pm we say hello to the worst !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters."

*shudders*

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What record of great achievement is this statement based on?

His ability to pass fabricated quotes off as fact...and almost get away with it? His outrageous turn as Foreign Secretary? His boundless capacity to suppress unfavourable commentary on him as a man and as a politician? His narcissism 'cleverly' concealed as 'bumbling'?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I struggle to believe that there are more leavers than remainers in the country now. .

OK, but you would say that, wouldn't you, because it's not what you want.

I don't know of anyone that supported remain who now wants to leave, but you hear the reverse all the time
Do you? Quite the reverse. I don't.

I've never changed my position on this and nor have other leave voters I know, however even on this very forum we've had posters saying they would vote leave now (despite voting remain in 2016).

On the Brexit thread, more than one poster said that, simply on principle, because they cant believe that some of the motley crew that make up this Country's politicians actually think it's OK to ignore a referendum & put their fingers in their ears and hope leave voters will die or go away, just because they (remoaner Politicians & their supporters like the 'drowning in bling/ageing rockstar look' Pimlico Plumber guy and that awful bint who keeps throwing money at it, whose name I can't recall but whose face looks like she's chewing a wasp) are alright Jack and don't want things to change.

In all seriousness, and in the spirit of genuine, friendly debate - how do you see Brexit happening? Which version has enough support?

I'm not trying to set a trap or anything like that. I genuinely want to know how you see Brexit as feasible from here, because I can't see it.

The only option I can see possibly working is Boris re-badging May's deal and fooling people into thinking it's a better deal.

Also - I am fully behind our country. I don't want to see it ruined by people who are acting in their own interests, not the country's.
Time will tell but there is not much time. A version that can be voted through will do for me, and Boris will achieve that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His ability to pass fabricated quotes off as fact...and almost get away with it? His outrageous turn as Foreign Secretary? His boundless capacity to suppress unfavourable commentary on him as a man and as a politician? His narcissism 'cleverly' concealed as 'bumbling'?

Self serving faux buffoon. It won’t end well

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Apparently Trump thinks he is Boris, or Boris is him, either way a disaster waiting to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here