Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky - retain or release?

Would you retain or release Anthony Knockaert?

• Retain him - much to offer still at this level.

Votes: 134 65.4%
  • Release him - we can do better and need to move on.

Votes: 71 34.6%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the option for "Trust the club to decide what is right"?

You mean like the decisions made about moving on GM for CMS and Barnes without replacing him and replacing Ulloa with O’Grady? You have more trust than me when it comes to Albion and attacking players :smile:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Fence. Blatantly not released for football reasons, so difficult to vote.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not sure I understand the question retained or release as he’s on our books out on loan with an option to buy in years time, so where does retain or release fit into this?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fence. Blatantly not released for football reasons, so difficult to vote.

This. Might be completely wrong, but one explanation may be that he broke the No Dickheads Rule once too often (ref those NSC threads that sometimes popped up in the wee small hours and were invariably deleted by mods by the morning)

A season in the Championship getting his head straight might do the boy no harm at all. Then we can all talk about it again next May.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Blimey. A third of NSC users didn't see Ali J, Locadia or Izquierdo play last season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why the club feel this is the right decision.

And if they were laid out for us, I would expect they would be quite difficult to argue against.

But the player voted man of the match in the semi Final (against man city ffs) and the scorer of the goal of the season!
Released on loan to the championship.??..
Doesn't sit right with me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Release.

He hardly set the Premier League alight when he played, and we need better than last year to stay up.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I vote keep. And that's a vote on all that I know, which as little as most others. That's what the vote is on, surely - what we think might be so.
Anywho, I like him, even when tempestuous - I don't want a character less batch of ordinaries putting up a brave fight and having little about them as people. We were on a journey with Knocky, and although it didn't go perfectly at least allowed a narrative alongside our football which often didn't.
This, absolument. Retain all day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
flawed poll.....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• Briedis-1140976 (1).jpg
    Briedis-1140976 (1).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 121

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why the club feel this is the right decision.

And if they were laid out for us, I would expect they would be quite difficult to argue against.

But the player voted man of the match in the semi Final (against man city ffs) and the scorer of the goal of the season!
Released on loan to the championship.??..
Doesn't sit right with me.

The season isn't two games long. We can't afford to carry a player that only decides to turn up twice a season. If he played like that in 75% of the games last season, bigger clubs would be looking to buy him. As it stands, a Championship club want him - he's a yoyo player. Too good for the Championship (in the right side) and not good enough to be consistent in the PL.

That said, I would have liked to see him under Potter and to see if his man management would have benefited Knocky.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He is being judged on playing 2 Premier League seasons the ultra defensive CH way, we should have at least seen one season under Potter to see what would happen.
He would have still been young enough for us to cash in on.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Well. We don't really know why he's gone. We don't know what division we'll be in or what division Fulham will be in. We don't know what the transfer fee is. So we can't really form a reliable judgement on this can we

I'd retain him, but I'd have never let him go in the first place

Same here, I think it's a mistake to let him go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here