Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Personal hygiene

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I wouldn't touch ANYTHING in the West Upper of The Amex then. The wash rate in the gents kermit is about one in five.

This big time! If an acceptable number of people actually washed their hands half time would need to be extended by 10 mins!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I had left my colt 45 at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:lolol: I used to shop in Tesco Loudwater at least once a week. I will remember to wash my hands just in case we bump into each other!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
:lolol: I used to shop in Tesco Loudwater at least once a week. I will remember to wash my hands just in case we bump into each other!

It was actually the Loudwater one as that’s were my kids live and I used to live there before moving to Brighton

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Wow! This may explain the queues, I don’t think I ever seen a women leave a public toilet without washing their hands. Even at home I always wash mine :sick: :eek:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Please could you give me your views on something that happened to me yesterday, did I over react or was my views warranted. I was shopping in Tesco’s High Wycombe where I popped into the gents for a quick pee. Once finished I washed my hands and walked out the door. Seconds later the gentleman who was also in the gents walked out without washing his hands. Now what happed next is my point. He then proceeded to do his shopping where upon I confronted him and called him a filth pig for not washing his hands and then touching food. Was I right or did I over react.

There are more germs on your hands than on your genitalia so it really makes no difference unless you you thoroughly disinfect your hands, touch absolutely nothing between the toilet and the food aisles and wear totally sterile gloves to handle produce. The quick pass under tepid water and shake dry that most men think has got their hands clean merely spreads germs.
You’ve failed here a bit and been unnecessarily aggressive to a stranger.
I’m glad I don’t stomp through life getting this angry over petty crap.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Please could you give me your views on something that happened to me yesterday, did I over react or was my views warranted. I was shopping in Tesco’s High Wycombe where I popped into the gents for a quick pee. Once finished I washed my hands and walked out the door. Seconds later the gentleman who was also in the gents walked out without washing his hands. Now what happed next is my point. He then proceeded to do his shopping where upon I confronted him and called him a filth pig for not washing his hands and then touching food. Was I right or did I over react.

Total over-reaction and none of your business. You have absolutely no idea of his circumstances or what he has going on his life. Maybe he always washes his hands and this was the exception or maybe he is just unhygienic. There are germs on absolutely everything - on your trolley, on your money, on every fridge door in the supermarket. Don't worry about it, we all seem to cope alright.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Total over-reaction and none of your business. You have absolutely no idea of his circumstances or what he has going on his life. Maybe he always washes his hands and this was the exception or maybe he is just unhygienic. There are germs on absolutely everything - on your trolley, on your money, on every fridge door in the supermarket. Don't worry about it, we all seem to cope alright.

Agreed, he might be frightened of water for all the OP knew. Btw isn’t that a sign that someone or something has rabies?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You under reacted. You should have shouted "go back in and wash your hands you filthy kunnt".

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire

You probably had the same germs on your hands from opening the door to get out of the toilet given the number of people who don't wash their hands. Don't understand why everything has gone hands-free - flush, taps, hand drier - when you then have to push on a handle touched by every filth pig (my new favourite phrase) who's been in there since the last clean.

It's probably a bit of an over-reaction given how gross a very high percentage of the population are (especially in Wycombe :wink:). But you have introduced me to filth pig so I'll let you off.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Unless there is a sign to say you must wash your hands while leaving, then everyone has their own standards of hygiene.

A bit of an over reaction here, there is more important things to get upset about IMO

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
To put it in context with food, a Panorama programme on the Beeb some years ago on toilet hygiene, a bowl of peanuts on a bar in London had 16, that's 16 different urine samples on the peanuts. Meaning 16 different men went for a pee, not wash their hands and then grab a handful of peanuts as they passed the free nibbles. Similar results from the cheese and nibbles. I haven't eaten nibbles of a bar anywhere since.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here