Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We're an alright team until teams attack us!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not a bad performance, but cut open so easily twice. Far too often we are cut open away from home in the blink of an eye.

The fact is we've won twice away from home this season. Once at Huddersfield where we were being dominated until the red card, and also at Newcastle - where we scored through a fluke goal and offered nothing else all game. It's dire and fair play to anyone who went up to Leicester tonight, as i've never felt so unenthusiastic about following the Albion away from home.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If a keeper made as many ****ing howlers as Murray did tonight they wouldn't get close to the team Saturday.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I’m still genuinely baffled at that free kick. That’s Casper Schmeicel in goal and you’re 35 yards out with Shane Duffy and Lewis Dunk in the box.

Oh and you’re Jurgen Locadia.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That was a really strong away performance. Although upset at losing, there were lots of positives. Last thing we needed was defeat with nothing to take into Saturday. As it is, we know if we sustain these levels, we will start winning again.

Nothing wrong with taking positives.
But what twists my balls is when managers say we created plenty of chances and on another day would have put a couple away.
Not good enough, if you create good chances you must put some of them away.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One, actually two things I took from today, other than Montoya we were playing last season's team, that is not progression. Second, and it has been said so many times on here this year, Bissouma needs to be starting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most posters can’t stand the work of Gross this season, so not a negative.

His back-heel to Murray was sublime, and still the best deadball option we have. Locadia's free-kick near the end shows the importance of having a player who can take a free kick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That was a much better performance than I was expecting :shrug:

Roll on Saturday, I’ll have a dry bed tonight.

Oh and the mutterings of Hughton Out are as obvious as night following day. Ridiculous idea imo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I said after Leicester at home that Hughton had to go. I was shot down for it. Half a season later it remains more the case than ever. He’s a nice guy but at this level he’s a loser, as much as it pains me to say it. I wish he was up to it but he’s just not.

If Murray did his job tonight we wouldn't even be having this conversation - both those misses were shocking, inexplicable. Some very decent approach play and long, long periods in control, but once again, our appalling finishing in CRUCIAL moments of the game has let another team off the hook. The Duffy header as well. Knocky could have done better too. Leicester well and truly got away with it, and now we are well and truly in the shit. There's nothing Hughton could've done about our basic ineptitude in front of goal, and thats whats cost us again tonight.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That was a really strong away performance. Although upset at losing, there were lots of positives. Last thing we needed was defeat with nothing to take into Saturday. As it is, we know if we sustain these levels, we will start winning again.
What exactly are we taking into Saturday's game? Zero points again from an away game.

Hughton needs replacing. That will annoy many on here but he is taking us down. There is no confidence out there. Remember a while back people were saying "Look what happened to Norwich". We are this season's Norwich.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We should of spent large on a striker 30-35m Thought one would of come in the last window. We can’t finish for shite.

2 questions:
1) £35m on who?
2) where do we get the £35m from?

oh, and it's "have", not "of"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here