Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How should we leave, given No Deal isn't an option? What do you think the politicians should do? Just shouting LEAVE MEANS LEAVE doesn't actually mean anything.

RADIATOR MEANS RADIATOR - that's what you sound like.

No deal IS still an option.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well yesterday Farage's group of Crypto fascists tried to pretend they were the only ones in the EU parliament chamber, taking a pic of themselves alone in tea break (do hide your watches in future)

Today it was back to normal...

View attachment 113097

The reason why they are not there is quite simple, it's just a Flat Earth style inability to be constructive, see other points of view or move towards agreements and consensus. They have nothing to offer in any debate other than to blow raspberry's, turn their backs or walk out as they have nothing to contribute.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I read at the weekend him saying he wonders what's happened to the unionist party he's supposed to belong to and calling Amber Rudd's new stance for what is as well.

Unionist party that seems happy to sacrifice the Union.

Any sane Tory should walk away from the party now, just a right wing English nationalist sect. Hard to believe I voted for them just 9 years ago. But unlike some on here, I'm prepared to admit I made a mistake

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well yesterday Farage's group of Crypto fascists tried to pretend they were the only ones in the EU parliament chamber, taking a pic of themselves alone in tea break (do hide your watches in future)

Today it was back to normal...

View attachment 113097

As a matter of demonic interest, do you know who normally sits at seat 666? Not Damian Green is it, at all? ???

Jan 30, 2008
How should we leave, given No Deal isn't an option? What do you think the politicians should do? Just shouting LEAVE MEANS LEAVE doesn't actually mean anything.

RADIATOR MEANS RADIATOR - that's what you sound like.

No Deal IS still on the table , you're hard work ! What is it about the word LEAVE you don't understand ?
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
...your sarcasm is noted!

Neither is mature, but 'Bollocks to Brexit' is a catchy slogan as opposed to a dismal display of petulance.

- and 'Bollocks to Brexit' is probably better than 'Blame Brexit' when the UK leaving causes misery to millions!
just because you say so
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Out of interest, how do you think the NI border will operate under this 'no deal' option ?

I've no idea. BUT it doesn't stop no deal still being a possibility .... at the moment it is the legal default regardless of the issues it would cause.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And many others, including the brand new, democratically elected ( pause for a quick dose of hysteria ) boss of the EU, Ursula von der Leyen, 60 year old German. Formerly, the least popular member of Merkel's cabinet but apparently highly popular in Brussels. Formerly a student at the LSE but under the name ' Rose Ladson ' ( why? ) Her political persuasion is rather unclear but not to worry, she's signed up for the next five years, even though she is being investigated, as a result of her former defence ministry being accused of allocating over-inflated contracts, worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, to outside contractors and consultants. Sounds about right to head the EU.
Meanwhile.....back to the Brexit MEP'S.

.... aaand back to the Brexit party MEP's. :wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No deal IS still an option.

Not really, it's like saying Knockaert is a Goalkeeper option, so we can let Ryan go (on a free), you could do it, but you won't because it won't work, everyone knows it won't work, and whoever was in charge and actually did it, when there was a fit Maty Ryan already in the role, and Walton, Button and Steele all set to play, would never be employed in a decision making role again.
If you did put Knockaert in goal, how many minutes would pass before you made the substitution and put Button in there? In Brexit terms, the Withdrawal agreement as is, is Button, there will be no Maty Ryan (existing membership), he is gone for good.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Not really, it's like saying Knockaert is a Goalkeeper option, so we can let Ryan go (on a free), you could do it, but you won't because it won't work, everyone knows it won't work, and whoever was in charge and actually did it, when there was a fit Maty Ryan already in the role, and Walton, Button and Steele all set to play, would never be employed in a decision making role again.
If you did put Knockaert in goal, how many minutes would pass before you made the substitution and put Button in there? In Brexit terms, the Withdrawal agreement as is, is Button, there will be no Maty Ryan (existing membership), he is gone for good.

The comparison with football is frankly daft. I don't care if remainers won't accept it but as things stand, no deal IS a possibility, and the legal default .... I would agree not a desirable one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've no idea. BUT it doesn't stop no deal still being a possibility .... at the moment it is the legal default regardless of the issues it would cause.

I'm sorry but you're not stupid, you've read a lot about 'no deal' and if you've no idea.

We have been here twice before, what is different?

Seriously, if you don't know WTF is going to happen, do you REALLY believe Johnson has a magic answer :shrug:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Quote Westdene Seagull:- 'as things stand, no deal IS a possibility, and the legal default .... I would agree not a desirable one'

Well... that's a modest start anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here