Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8973954 said:
Only 8 were starts though. You're clueless if you think he's a bad player. The setup of the team last year was absolutely not built to his strengths.

At five million he well turn out to have been a steal but I am very pleased we didn’t manage to get him at the 20 odd million we allegedly bid the previous season

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Talksport have decided in their latest clickbait (which worked) round up that we should be singing William from Wolfsburg

https://www.transfermarkt.com/william/profil/spieler/341710

If we are taking a punt let’s adopt this attitude

e7a61d305d61759f1dd3dfb0556ebce7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting that the window SLAMS shut just 3.5 weeks after we get back from Austria.

With 1-4 singings to be done, things may happen again soon...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Interesting that the window SLAMS shut just 3.5 weeks after we get back from Austria.

With 1-4 singings to be done, things may happen again soon...

3 IMHO... more if player sales happen that we don’t want to happen...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At five million he well turn out to have been a steal but I am very pleased we didn’t manage to get him at the 20 odd million we allegedly bid the previous season

Based on what we’ve seen so far, there surely can’t be much doubt about that.....

At times £5m has looked generous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on what we’ve seen so far, there surely can’t be much doubt about that.....

At times £5m has looked generous.

If this weren't NSC I'd be amazed if anyone has seen enough of him to form a valid opinion.

As it I'll console myself with the fact that an opinion has been formed AFTER hes played a couple of game. :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If this weren't NSC I'd be amazed if anyone has seen enough of him to form a valid opinion.

As it I'll console myself with the fact that an opinion has been formed AFTER hes played a couple of game. :lol:

Don’t get me wrong, I was delighted when we signed him, but so far Palace game aside he has been disappointing.

He has looked void of any touch and has a little bit of stupidity in him. The same sort Knockaert gets crucified for. (See WBA away).

Hasnt he played a significant number of games or is it my memory?

Probably like AJ needs a proper pre-season, and dare I say may need to play in a two, with our number one striker [emoji6]

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Possibly, but not based on what we’ve seen so far.

i think so. i would prioritise 2 x cm and an rb first, you?
obvs, if bloom and potter are able to secure the sevices of their football fantasy cf, i wouldn't complain :O

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Andone's 79th minute winner v Huddersfield at the Amex was a rare moment of joy in a dismal 2nd half of the season.

:albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
i think so. i would prioritise 2 x cm and an rb first, you?
obvs, if bloom and potter are able to secure the sevices of their football fantasy cf, i wouldn't complain :O

I think we need 1 x striker- GM replacement (tall and mobile), 1 x midfield - creative,
1 x RB cover

Re the second midfielder, I’m very confident Molumby can step up.

The other issue is Trossard is he a ‘no. 10’ or a winger. If a winger we may need to sign a no.10 (or whatever people call them these days [emoji2]). Perhaps that is AJ’s future?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Don’t get me wrong, I was delighted when we signed him, but so far Palace game aside he has been disappointing.

He has looked void of any touch and has a little bit of stupidity in him. The same sort Knockaert gets crucified for. (See WBA away).

Hasnt he played a significant number of games or is it my memory?

Probably like AJ needs a proper pre-season, and dare I say may need to play in a two, with our number one striker [emoji6]

I disagree with the touch comment. His initial hold up play is decent but he frequently had no choice but to take the ball on the turn and try to run defenders. I think he would benefit from a more mobile number 10 giving him a quicker alternative.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think we need 1 x striker- GM replacement (tall and mobile), 1 x midfield - creative,
1 x RB cover

Re the second midfielder, I’m very confident Molumby can step up.

The other issue is Trossard is he a ‘no. 10’ or a winger. If a winger we may need to sign a no.10 (or whatever people call them these days [emoji2]). Perhaps that is AJ’s future?

oh yeah, i meant one holding mid and one acm. obvs, we don't even know the formation yet,(exciting isn't it!)
if two up top, we may see andone and locardia there, could do a job? ???

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What about Rodrigo from Valencia? I'm surprised we're not excited about that rumour! Only £30m+ apparently and just need to see off Everton, West Ham and oh Barcelona :glare: It really is quite funny why would someone offer that up as a rumour :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What about Rodrigo from Valencia? I'm surprised we're not excited about that rumour! Only £30m+ apparently and just need to see off Everton, West Ham and oh Barcelona :glare: It really is quite funny why would someone offer that up as a rumour [emoji38]
Sounds a done deal to me! :wink:

He's a quality player, but there's about as much chance of me signing for the Albion as there is of him doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here