Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roll call - FA Cup Semi Final 1983/2019

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Yup, Norwich, City and semi aged 13.
Am I right in that on the train (Seagulls Special?) on way home we passed Chelsea who had just finished their game?

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
I was there in ‘83, with my dad (and uncle and various cousins). We’ll all be at Wembley, today, although in different blocks.

My dad’s now 77, and my 14-yr old son (a season ticket holder since he was 7) will be making it a full house. :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Me, 83' in the clock end , right behind the goal. Today, behind the goal again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was such a brilliant day, so many memories when Robinson turned and scored the earth stood still

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Very nervous in 83. Had to have a couple of stiff drinks on way to game. Was walking amongst Wednesday fans, who were mega confident. Knew we had a real chance of the Final. Three of us sat in the stand at Highbury ( front row ) As Case shaped to take the free-kick, I turned to the others and said..." this is going in "....just felt it.....destiny....he had been brilliant all cup run.
As nervous as I was then...well....I am totally relaxed today. Just going to enjoy it. No expectation. Hope the players bust a gut and make them work hard and make us proud. Thats all we can ask.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yep, was there in 83 with a crowd from Ipswich & I'll be there today .

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was there in 83 aged 16 with my best mate who is now sadly departed, later that year i joined the R.A.F.
I wont be there today but my son [MENTION=13302]Albalbion[/MENTION] will be, ironically he, just this week passed selection training for the Royal Navy, really hope the Albion make it a fantastic day and a fantastic result for all of you that are going, but especially for my son cos his start date for the Navy is May 12th, meaning he wont get leave for the final.

Congratulations Dan
Come on you super seagulls
:albion2:

Jan 26, 2012
I was there in 1983, to the left of the goal in the clock end. Favourite game, better than the final which was tainted by the result of the replay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My dad was at the 83 semi but didn't go to the final, weirdly. I was living in Canada (fairweather fan). Will be there later today.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Then and now... Still have my 83 ticket. £3!!!
tix.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here