Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Hughton good enough? - The curious case of Jose Izquerdo

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Seems to be a common theme at the higher levels of most sports, it all boils down to mentality, look at England trying to play football, any time in the last 50 years until very recently . . . drivers crack ( Vettel) , cricketers . . . for a manager It appears to be an inability to react under pressure ( ie change a game when losing by instructing players) or to counter the opposing managers reactions. easy to say from the sofa I know. possibly just a lack of authoritive charisma if you can't gee a team up at half time for example.

The one thing they have in common is being mentally arthritic. Neither of them are premiership managers.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Amazing how after one defeat people are talking about bringing Poyet back. Football fans are so weird.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As a community, can we please stop this "Palace troll" witch hunt that seems to happen every time a new poster joins and makes a post that might not be written through blue-and-white striped spectacles?

It's really not very friendly and often results in those who have taken the time to join the site, immediately leaving, thinking they made a great mistake.

From the cursory checking I've done, [MENTION=38120]prawnsandwich[/MENTION] is neither a Palace fan nor a journalist, although clearly works in a field where being able to write well is important. Welcome to NSC - please stick around!
I can't speak on behalf of anyone's posts. Only my own. It is not in my nature to attack anyone for their opinions. Far from it. I am more likely to defend someone as [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] will testify. I often defend him when people round in on him. My post was my opinion and only an opinion that I thought that the OP is a journalist.

Having reviewed a couple of cases for personal clients who were victims of the News of the world phone hacking scandal. It is not always easy to establish when a journalist throws their hat into the he ring from an annonimous position. Hence why I clarify that my original post is only an opinion but I still do believe that my opinion could be a valid one and that there is no way that anyone could validate to the contrary should a journalist wish to conceal themselves.

prawnsandwich

Mar 31, 2019
As a community, can we please stop this "Palace troll" witch hunt that seems to happen every time a new poster joins and makes a post that might not be written through blue-and-white striped spectacles?

It's really not very friendly and often results in those who have taken the time to join the site, immediately leaving, thinking they made a great mistake.

From the cursory checking I've done, [MENTION=38120]prawnsandwich[/MENTION] is neither a Palace fan nor a journalist, although clearly works in a field where being able to write well is important. Welcome to NSC - please stick around!

Cheers mate. Totally understand the loyalty towards CH and the OP isn't a popular opinion. And for transparency I work in Communications so that likely did influence how I crafted my post!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here