Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone else feeling like crashing out might be the best thing come 12th April... Damn sure we'd have a deal in place within a week and suddenly both sides will be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable deal quite urgently. All that hardlines and non-negotiatables straight out of the window as we scramble for a deal!

No.

It would be by far the worst thing. The country would collapse within a week of Dystopia Day. Those needing isotopes and life saving medicines in the most jeopardy and the first to lose lives. Then the food shortages, riots, businees collapse, mass unemployment, Civil Contingencies Act, army on the streets, curfews, withdrawal of democracy.

So lets not leave with *no deal*.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is it just me or are the Tory hard-line Brexiteer MPs a nasty bunch? In particular the appearance of Mark Francois on TV almost compels me to put my foot through the screen. I know it's a bit simplistic but are any of them personable, reasonable and kind human beings? I can't think of one but am happy to stand corrected.

The last 3 years have been an education for me on the Tory right, some pretty unpleasant people. Francois actually said he was excited about no deal. This is not what 80% of the people in this country want

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The last 3 years have been an education for me on the Tory right, some pretty unpleasant people. Francois actually said he was excited about no deal. This is not what 80% of the people in this country want

And most of the 20%, only THINK they want it, because they haven't a clue what it means.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 for 1

Everyone wins

Untitled.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is it just me or are the Tory hard-line Brexiteer MPs a nasty bunch? In particular the appearance of Mark Francois on TV almost compels me to put my foot through the screen. I know it's a bit simplistic but are any of them personable, reasonable and kind human beings? I can't think of one but am happy to stand corrected.

I think the reason is that the vast majority of Leavers (both voters and MPs) have had time to understand the various options and, as a consequence have decided that a soft Brexit, staying in the customs union is the only feasible leave option.

Then you have the 'no dealers' hard line Brexiteers. Theresa May always had to include a significant number of these in her cabinet and Government, so it was obviously a good career move to put yourself amongst a very small group from which senior appointments to Cabinet and Government departments would have to be made. At each set of resignations, TM has had to go back and 'scrape the barrel' of what's left to replace Secretaries of State, Ministers and Junior Ministers with some taking huge leaps in responsibility. These people have and will always put their career above all else.

(Although I now understand that barrel has become so shallow, that there have been appointments recently who are incapable of understanding the implications of leaving the EU in any form.)

As far as leave voters go, the 'NO DEAL' shouters have always struggled to understand the issues involved with leaving the EU. Even [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] have admitted that they saw 'no deal' as a negotiating position rather than an end game.

So, you are left with the likes of [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION], [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], etc etc.

Whether they understand what they've done (and are continuing to do) is debatable, but you will notice that this group is always the first to revert to insults. I think this is down to frustration at not being able to understand why the Government don't just 'leave like they were told to' :shrug:

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
No.

It would be by far the worst thing. The country would collapse within a week of Dystopia Day. Those needing isotopes and life saving medicines in the most jeopardy and the first to lose lives. Then the food shortages, riots, businees collapse, mass unemployment, Civil Contingencies Act, army on the streets, curfews, withdrawal of democracy.

So lets not leave with *no deal*.

Be like Y2K all over again then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the reason is that the vast majority of Leavers (both voters and MPs) have had time to understand the various options and, as a consequence have decided that a soft Brexit, staying in the customs union is the only feasible leave option.

Then you have the 'no dealers' hard line Brexiteers. Theresa May always had to include a significant number of these in her cabinet and Government, so it was obviously a good career move to put yourself amongst a very small group from which senior appointments to Cabinet and Government departments would have to be made. At each set of resignations, TM has had to go back and 'scrape the barrel' of what's left to replace Secretaries of State, Ministers and Junior Ministers with some taking huge leaps in responsibility. These people have and will always put their career above all else.

(Although I now understand that barrel has become so shallow, that there have been appointments recently who are incapable of understanding the implications of leaving the EU in any form.)

As far as leave voters go, the 'NO DEAL' shouters have always struggled to understand the issues involved with leaving the EU. Even [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] have admitted that they saw 'no deal' as a negotiating position rather than an end game.

So, you are left with the likes of [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION], [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], etc etc.

Whether they understand what they've done (and are continuing to do) is debatable, but you will notice that this group is always the first to revert to insults. I think this is down to frustration at not being able to understand why the Government don't just 'leave like they were told to' :shrug:

Their frustration combined with lack of understanding plus desperation of needing someone to blame, added to their being gullible enough to believe Daily Mail/Tory/Farage propaganda is what lead to their Leave vote. It’s all the same reasons they are getting so angry now. They are toddlers who cannot understand why their actions have to have consequences. That and nobody like being shown up as a fool , as they have.

Then there are the baby boomers who have been looked after “cradle to grave” and cannot imagine that they won’t be looked after . Most of their privilege has been protected by the EU.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Be like Y2K all over again then.
No, nothing like it. Please don't believe that little misleading comparison.

For Y2K, tens of thousands of professionals put in millions of man hours of work in advance before the event to fix potential problems.

Nothing similar this time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And most of the 20%, only THINK they want it, because they haven't a clue what it means.

Can't recall whether it was Davis or Fox a couple of weeks ago. But they were trying to claim no deal was the most popular option among the public

Capture.JPG

However, it still remains more than a possibility and Brexiteers still seem to think the EU will blink. They won't...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m guessing if she does go down this route JC will put forward another vote of no confidence.
I don't think he can do another one can he? Not until a certain time period has passed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here