Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, the club is not beyond criticism. What I said that if the demand isn't there why should they open the upper tiers, and if the demand for tickets does increase then that option is available. As it stands there are still tickets up for grabs in the the lower tiers.

I don't understand your beef about the club offering season ticket holders the chance to purchase up to four tickets each and that prices have been reduced. To me that seems to be a reasonable offer. To be honest what more can they do to encourage fans to go? Being totally cynical here, I suppose they could have a bout of naked ladies mud wrestling as pre-match entertainment, or an invitation for Billy Smart's Circus to turn up.

The fact is that the Albion are playing an FA Cup tie against a League 2 side. It's hardly the biggest attraction in the universe and as a consequence many fans do not consider it a decent draw and therefore will not go. That's their choice not the club's.

Wrong on so many levels... key point is paying customer's want to sit in the upper tiers, and a moronic decision has been taken by the club to refuse to open the upper tiers... sales WILL go up if they open these tiers... ergo, you are spouting bollox, and Barber has dropped a HUGE clanger...

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
The Club are probably waiting until 3.30 on Saturday when 3200 people will be otherwise occupied and not able to book tickets, (although appreciate most of these might have already got their tickets)��

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wrong on so many levels... key point is paying customer's want to sit in the upper tiers, and a moronic decision has been taken by the club to refuse to open the upper tiers... sales WILL go up if they open these tiers... ergo, you are spouting bollox, and Barber has dropped a HUGE clanger...

What are the running costs of opening up these closed tiers? How many additional sales are required in order to justify opening them? These are the facts we don't have available and yet we probably need before we can be quite so arrogantly dismissive of opinions such as [MENTION=25353]el punal[/MENTION]'s. Pure speculation but I assume a tier would have to be at least 60% full in order to justify the additional cost of staffing, policing and electricity, and I'd guess they're monitoring sales very closely before making that decision.

Regardless, I suspect that the ESU will be open before long anyway...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
What are the running costs of opening up these closed tiers? How many additional sales are required in order to justify opening them? These are the facts we don't have available and yet we probably need before we can be quite so arrogantly dismissive of opinions such as [MENTION=25353]el punal[/MENTION]'s. Pure speculation but I assume a tier would have to be at least 60% full in order to justify the additional cost of staffing, policing and electricity, and I'd guess they're monitoring sales very closely before making that decision.

I'd assume nearer 10%.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd assume nearer 10%.

Surely if that was the case, they'd not have bothered keeping them both shut for this length of time? I'd have thought they'd have opened the ESU when sales were within 2,000 of a sell out and with a couple of weeks to go before the game!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Surely if that was the case, they'd not have bothered keeping them both shut for this length of time? I'd have thought they'd have opened the ESU when sales were within 2,000 of a sell out and with a couple of weeks to go before the game!

Exactly.

But then as you said before coming up with your 60% we actually don't now!

What is the cost of opening a tier though? It really cant be as high as 60% needed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm kinda hoping the club announces that it's definitely not opening the upper tiers.

I'd love to see the mad rush for the last few single seats, the record traffic on NSC from the "locked out" fans, the hand-wringing (again) about who are "real fans", the commemorative "I was there" T-shirts, the chants of "there's no-one there" from the lucky ones inside the stadium and, of course, the club announcing priority to "loyal lowers" for tickets to the next round.

Honestly, it would be fricking AMAZING.

That would be fun. What a classic binfest that would be!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
shall we go over Barbers head and write to Bruno, he's not as busy as he used to be so maybe he could sort it ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If the decision is purely economic, I guess so. However, we have...

- Parents not wanting to buy the tickets remaining (close to away fans and possible questionable behaviour - you may not agree but it IS a genuine concern for some parents)
- Other fans not wanting lower tier corners because they don't like the view of the game such a position affords
- Still others just not wanting to sit in a lower tier anywhere - it's not how they like to watch football
- Those wanting to sit in an upper tier as part of their Amex "different stand" collecting

Any of these people may have already decided to not attend this game and/or made plans that can not easily be changed if upper tier seats to become available.

If an upper tier does open subsequently we'll have:

- Fans annoyed that they bought tickets for a part of the ground they didn't really want - they'll not make the same mistake next time - exacerbating what has happened for this game
- Fans who want lower tier tickets closer to the game (with mobility problems, for example) unable to buy them as they've all sold, farcically some to people who didn't really want them

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
FFS. 500 tickets not bought means the lower tiers will already be fuller than the majority of match days. Open a top deck you numptys. Then you might find out if opening the other is worthwhile.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm kinda hoping the club announces that it's definitely not opening the upper tiers.

I'd love to see the mad rush for the last few single seats, the record traffic on NSC from the "locked out" fans, the hand-wringing (again) about who are "real fans", the commemorative "I was there" T-shirts, the chants of "there's no-one there" from the lucky ones inside the stadium and, of course, the club announcing priority to "loyal lowers" for tickets to the next round.

This would be fantastic.

makeitso.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
432 left. Once the two far blocks get down to singles I'd imagine one or both of the tiers will open.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
You could provide a valuable public service by posting it to here for the rest of you vultures to pour over and criticise his writing style/vocabulary/grammar and maybe even psychoanalyse him while you’re at it? Edit: you seem to actually do this anyway so wouldn’t actually eat into your busy schedule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FFS. 500 tickets not bought means the lower tiers will already be fuller than the majority of match days. Open a top deck you numptys. Then you might find out if opening the other is worthwhile.

This.

Club appears to be wilfully sabotaging adding 5,000 minimum to the gate just so they can try and fill 500 seats that nobody wants to sit in.

Ridiculous state of affairs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Lovely post, almost spoilt by the use of that shìt word "fricking". Christ on a bike. POOR.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the decision is purely economic, I guess so. However, we have...

- Parents not wanting to buy the tickets remaining (close to away fans and possible questionable behaviour - you may not agree but it IS a genuine concern for some parents)
- Other fans not wanting lower tier corners because they don't like the view of the game such a position affords
- Still others just not wanting to sit in a lower tier anywhere - it's not how they like to watch football
- Those wanting to sit in an upper tier as part of their Amex "different stand" collecting

Any of these people may have already decided to not attend this game and/or made plans that can not easily be changed if upper tier seats to become available.

If an upper tier does open subsequently we'll have:

- Fans annoyed that they bought tickets for a part of the ground they didn't really want - they'll not make the same mistake next time - exacerbating what has happened for this game
- Fans who want lower tier tickets closer to the game (with mobility problems, for example) unable to buy them as they've all sold, farcically some to people who didn't really want them

The poll on here earlier in the week indicated that just shy of 20% of people on here (which as Andy Naylor is keen to point out is NOT significant in any way) were going to wait. That's a lot of people were it representative of our fan base.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here