Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Somewhat conflicted by this:-

After the week theyve had I don't wasn't to click on a Sun/Mail link.
But
I do want to laugh at crystal palace.

A brief overview of just the headline would be nice

Screenshot_20190921-093100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Somewhat conflicted by this:-

After the week theyve had I don't wasn't to click on a Sun/Mail link.
But
I do want to laugh at crystal palace.

A brief overview of just the headline would be nice

On Sky sports now https://www.skysports.com/football/...ed-zaha-hits-out-at-crystal-palace-team-mates

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has told his team-mates he “can’t play in every position” as he suggested they have underperformed so far this season.

Palace began the season well enough and consecutive wins away to Manchester United and at home to Aston Villa at the end of August appeared to show positive progress.

But a 4-0 defeat away to Tottenham in their last match suggested there is still much room for improvement and Zaha - who was linked with a move to Arsenal or Everton over the summer and who is understood by Sky Sports to have handed in a transfer request - has spoken out.

Speaking to Crystal Palace fans website HLTCO, Zaha said: "As much as I do on the pitch, I can't play in every position.

"I give 100 per cent, but there are 11 on the pitch and everyone needs to pull their weight."

As for the transfer speculation during the close-season, the Ivory Coast international added: "What happened in the summer happened… there were things I was told that did not happen and I was not happy about it. But I'm still a Palace player and want to do well for the club.

"The fans care about your wellbeing and I will always love Palace - whatever happens."

Palace manager Hodgson offered his support to Zaha ahead of Sunday's game with Wolves at Selhurst Park, although he admitted he expects a greater return in terms of goals and assists.

"His attitude in training and the way he has approached the games, especially the last three games, he has been very good after he came over the initial disappointment that he didn't get his way in the transfer window," said Hodgson.

"Once he got over that and came to terms with the fact now he has got to buckle down, for his club and his team-mates, manager, coaching staff and for himself, I think he has been very good.

"I have actually been very pleased with him in the last three games, but I can't deny the fact he hasn't had an assist or a goal."

'Speaking to a fan website' - this is just part of his plan to force a move in January, isn't it?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
'Speaking to a fan website' - this is just part of his plan to force a move in January, isn't it?

Probably. He's such a dim twit, its reaching the point they would be better getting rid of him. I bet even the amateur in charge of their PR is hacked off. He'll be going nowhere if he keeps acting like a child and not delivering on the pitch. With him being such a high earner, they won't be able to afford to strengthen in January if he is still there.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Zahaha really is a **** isn’t he? What a team player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why do we have to pray for him?
Has he injured his diving bone again?

I see he has no goals and no assists so far this season, could this be the reason, or is it because,unbelievably he didn’t win World Player of the Year.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's probably only an ear infection that makes you lose your balance Wilf. Prayers shouldn't be necessary. Chin up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here