Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Glad you're still here to clarify things. :thumbsup:

Well I've been in and out all day. Even though I'm retired, I do a little part time work and a bit of charity work and it keeps me busy, but I do like to help, when I can :thumbsup:

You may have seen some of my charity work. It revolves mainly around educating and informing, whilst bringing unity where there is conflict :angel:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I haven't got a conspiracy theory. YouGov was founded by a Tory MP. Polls will reflect the demographic that is asked.

Isn't it Private Eye who refer to them as "Any Result You Want, Gov?"

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I do agree that the phrase 'Crash out' is ridiculous and not at all reflective of the situation. It almost implies that it is the end of something.

'Crashing into decades of a maelstrom of British Industry being undercut and wiped out by zero tariff imports from across the whole world, British Exporters seeing EU and Worldwide import tariffs completely wipe out their profitable markets whilst their goods sit rotting in traffic jams at borders across the world, and, all the time, simultaneously trying to negotiate hundreds of trade arrangements with the major political and economic powers across the world from this incredibly weak and precarious negotiating position' would probably be more accurate, if a little long winded :wink:

Seems like you have also caught the bug

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Stephen Barclay now looking for an extension til end of 2020. As a number of us suggested would happen about 6 months ago.

this one is making my head spin. the WA gives until the end of the agreed time to "solve" the irish border. get on with it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
this one is making my head spin. the WA gives until the end of the agreed time to "solve" the irish border. get on with it.

Given that no one within Britain or the EU have even managed the merest hint of a solution in 3.5 years, do you fancy suggesting one?

It's just that personally, if I bought a car, I would like to think somebody may have had even the slightest idea of how the brakes would work before they told me to press the gas pedal :shrug:

Are you really suggesting we plunge onwards with absolutely no idea of what is going to happen in under 2 years?

D

Deleted member 2719

Oooh, you've had a bit of a nightmare there.

:lol: Where do you get this stuff from you embarrassment? And that's a genuine question, I'd be interested to know.

And what is it with conservatives/the right trying to get creative? Always looks like a child, minus the imagination, has put it together. In fact it reminds me a lot of the Always Ultra's displays. Shoddy.

Okay, I may have got this one wrong in this picture, but the man is clearly a danger and an IRA sympathiser.
I can not say my source but you will have to trust me on this one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Okay, I may have got this one wrong in this picture, but the man is clearly a danger and an IRA sympathiser.

Trust you on this?

I am sorry, but to be honest, I really wouldn't trust you to be able to sit the right way round on a toilet seat :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Given that no one within Britain or the EU have even managed the merest hint of a solution in 3.5 years, do you fancy suggesting one?

you know the suggested solutions, the problem is deciding and implementing. what happens if they dont move on, we have no agreement and no deal? a solution that will have to implemented sharpish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
you know the suggested solutions, the problem is deciding and implementing. what happens if they dont move on, we have no agreement and no deal? a solution that will have to implemented sharpish.

I have no idea of 'the solutions' other than Britain staying in some sort of customs union or throwing NI out of the Union and leaving them in an EU customs union.

What are these 'other solutions' of which you speak ???

D

Deleted member 2719

Would anyone really vote for someone who so clearly puts their political career ahead of what the country wants???

Attachments

• Swinson 1.PNG
    Swinson 1.PNG
    595.1 KB · Views: 167

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would anyone really vote for someone who so clearly puts their political career ahead of what the country wants???

I'm no Lib Dem supporter and I think that their idea of revoking A50 is a terrible one - alienating half the country - but your post doesn't make sense. If revoking A50 is something the country doesn't want, how is supporting it good for her political career?

Whatever you think of the policy, it's an honest one. At least her voters know what they're voting for

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I’m sure it’s pure and total coincidence that Juncker came out about 6 months ago and said another extension is the most likely option, and that it would be til the end of 2020.

Funny how Barclay tries to make out like Johnson is in any way in control of anything relating to negotiations.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Im guessing you will vote for blow job, a man who seems incapable of opening his mouth without telling a lie?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm no Lib Dem supporter and I think that their idea of revoking A50 is a terrible one - alienating half the country - but your post doesn't make sense. If revoking A50 is something the country doesn't want, how is supporting it good for her political career?

Whatever you think of the policy, it's an honest one. At least her voters know what they're voting for

This. If enough people vote Lib Dem to revoke A50 then clearly the country has moved on and this is the current majority position. If not then she is an opposition leader who is opposing. Let’s call that “doing her job”.

The amount of people who think democracy ended in 2016 is staggering and quite frightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

hahahahaha
That must be one hell of an embarrassing source.
A source that set you up to look a **** on a football forum.

I love hearing the 'I cannot reveal my source' fairy tale.
Its up there with the dozens of US Navy seals I 'chatted' with on American white power forums.
Youre full of shite.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What about the rest of us who don't resort to calling you names?

You've lost my respect for that answer. It's not an unreasonable question even if it is the same two posters asking the same question ad finitum.

OK especially for you ... my preferred option (which I mentioned some time ago) was a bespoke/Canada +++ type deal. The EU already offered something along these lines some time ago. Don't tell anyone else though.

https://www.conservativehome.com/pa...al-recognition-not-ongoing-harmonisation.html

https://www.conservativehome.com/tag/alternative-brexit-white-paper/page/2#

In other news, I see that the Austrians have blocked an EU trade deal with the Mercosur bloc (Brazil Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) after 20 years of negotiations. :facepalm:

https://www.reuters.com/article/eu-...iament-rejects-eu-mercosur-pact-idUSL5N26A11K

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here