Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ok guys you win. dont bother to understand the motivation, just scream at the leave support.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ok guys you win. dont bother to understand the motivation, just scream at the leave support.

That rather suggests you do understand the movitation and are entirely happy that there's been no collusion, no self interest, no misrepresentation and no barefaced lies in order to corral the easily manipulated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Were you just innocently trying to compare that Arsenal fan's view on Brexit, because things like not having insulin were commonplace in the good old days of the 1930's when tuberculous and polio were also rife and people accepted it because God, King and Empire came above all else, with people in the 21st century who would now consider his view of what should be endured because of a vote 3 years ago a little extreme, like the parents of an 8 year old child with diabetes who don't think their daughter should risk enduring what he's prepared to?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Gutted I'm going to Newcastle and missing out on strolling along the seafront with the lovely Emily.

Might have bought her a raspberry Mivvi.

emily.JPG

D

Deleted member 2719

Thornberry and Starmer still back the danger man himself, shame on them.

Attachments

• Corbyn 1.png
    Corbyn 1.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 132

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Quick!!! people are noticing the Prime Minister cant stop lying.. Deflect Deflect Deflect

Incidentally, what is a 'good deal' to you?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Were you just innocently trying to compare that Arsenal fan's view on Brexit, because things like not having insulin were commonplace in the good old days of the 1930's when tuberculous and polio were also rife and people accepted it because God, King and Empire came above all else, with people in the 21st century who would now consider his view of what should be endured because of a vote 3 years ago a little extreme, like the parents of an 8 year old child with diabetes who don't think their daughter should risk enduring what he's prepared to?

i didnt go that far. while not agreeing with him, i heard reason he gave and it struck a chord, and object to the jibe in the tweet. it isnt a fringe view, if its a cult its many million large. we are told so many didnt care about the issue of europe, so maybe upholding the vote is whats really driving the support for leave. clearly i lost my point making any comparison to history.

btw i read the Irish Times article where the writer is saying a majority doesn't counts as "the people". i can see what he's saying about wider consensus, however we have always been told that 50.1% is a majority and we should accept that. now people are told otherwise and they dont really understand why not.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
i heard reason he gave and it struck a chord

Which part of his reason was it that struck a chord with you?

"Because we voted to Leave, we didn't vote for a deal, we didn't vote for anything, we voted to leave Europe" - this is untrue as per the previously linked leaflet put forward by Vote Leave, who were the officially designated Leave campaign so their words are what Leave looked like, which specifically not only didn't mention No Deal but said we'd only leave once a deal had been put in place. So that is what he and others were voting for, anyone who says anything else either doesn't understand what they were voting for or is lying.

"and that's all we want right, we're either a democracy or we're not" - The UK is, and has for hundreds of years, been a representative democracy and as such making the public's decision work is the will of Parliament. If the public don't like what Parliament is doing then they can vote accordingly, as was the case in 2017 when Theresa May and her hard Brexit mantra lost the Parliamentary majority. But to suggest failure to implement the result he wants mean it is not a democracy is laughably naive.

So which part struck a chord, the lie or the naivety?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
would draw attention to his words, why he would be willing to take that risk. a couple of generations ago the whole population accepted similar risk for similar principle and we dont call that a cult. perhaps we can learn from this, understand that the recognition of the vote has become bigger than the actual cause itself?

It’s worth mentioning that in 1940 the country wasn’t intending to invade itself.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Both sides of the argument are really annoying at the moment in terms of the language and actions used. The Boris attempt at pretending there was no press following him, the use of the phrase "Crash out" all the time, the constant reference to parliament being shut down for several weeks when as far as I can make out it was just a few days.

These people do themselves no favours in trying to win over people to their view when this is how they behave

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both sides of the argument are really annoying at the moment in terms of the language and actions used. The Boris attempt at pretending there was no press following him, the use of the phrase "Crash out" all the time, the constant reference to parliament being shut down for several weeks when as far as I can make out it was just a few days.

These people do themselves no favours in trying to win over people to their view when this is how they behave

You've only just noticed?

Nothing has changed since Dave decided to put an end to Farridge, once and for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here