Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Being pragmatic.

Defensively we look suspect, up top we haven’t been clinical enough. Murray is misfiring and the jury’s out on all of our new signings.

We are playing more entertaining football and some players (Propper is standing out) are flourishing with more freedom.

It will take another month for us to start really seeing the benefits of Potterball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another month and we will be bottom with the games coming up. Both Chelsea and Spurs will score a hatfull against us. We are not expecting to beat them though it's the results leading up to them which are not good enough. We are capable of getting a point at Newcastle. So realistically 1pt from the next 3 will probably send us bottom.
The next 3 will also give us a proper indication of our defence under Potter and where we will finish.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Potterball feels like it's going to be our version of Brexit. On one hand we'll all appear to respect the decision to sack CH and adopt a more attacking style (without actually having the players on the pitch to deliver the plan), and on the other hand we'll all be utterly divided about Potterball next spring if we are staring at the prospect of crashing out of the PL in relegation.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It matters not one jot whether we buy into the Potterball way of things but only that the players do. A good result at the Toon next week and then a follow up on that and then the players will believe. At the moment it’s still in the balance and although I think this is the way long term it’s how the players respond over the next month. They need results now and then they’ll believe.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Andone wanted out. Not good to have a disgruntled player at the club, forced to stay.

Most players knuckle down once they don’t get their move though. So who knows? Easy for him to spin it that way once he’d left, as it sounds better than saying, “they wanted shot of me because I’m a bit of a grumpy head case”

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Most players knuckle down once they don’t get their move though.

...but Wilfried was not like the other boys...

Wilfried-Zaha-785157.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Another month and we will be bottom with the games coming up. Both Chelsea and Spurs will score a hatfull against us. We are not expecting to beat them though it's the results leading up to them which are not good enough. We are capable of getting a point at Newcastle. So realistically 1pt from the next 3 will probably send us bottom.
The next 3 will also give us a proper indication of our defence under Potter and where we will finish.

How many do you think Chelsea and Spurs will score against us? (I'm angling for a bet with with you)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Had we beaten Burnley I'd feel better about things. That was a big two points dropped IMO. It's important we get something from the Geordies now. Performances are good and will hopefully improve as the players get used to the new system. The squad weakness is a greater concern for me currently. Malpay took his chance well Saturday but Murray looks out of sorts and Connolly has to make a big leap very quickly if we are not to be left short in that area. I also worry that we are playing CD in full back positions in early Sept. Webster did well but its not a good sign. On the plus side Trossard looks a real find to me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Being pragmatic.

Defensively we look suspect, up top we haven’t been clinical enough. Murray is misfiring and the jury’s out on all of our new signings.

We are playing more entertaining football and some players (Propper is standing out) are flourishing with more freedom.

It will take another month for us to start really seeing the benefits of Potterball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jury's out on the new signings only to the extent that we haven't seen too much of them. But from what I've seen of them, I'm more than extremely optimistic about all of Webster, Trossard and Maupay. They all look excellent, the bigger current problem is that the squad depth looks poor -- particularly up front. On this, I'm not so sure Murray misfires (although I'll grant that he should have buried that first half header), his great quality is his finishing and he's not going to lose that, it's just that time is catching up with him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looks like another prediction i will get right. Next two games will result in zero points and in the bottom 3.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Looks like another prediction i will get right. Next two games will result in zero points and in the bottom 3.

I'm genuinely intrigued to know what you thought of that performance?

Cos i thought it was very good considering we're very early on in a revolution in terms of style of play, including two of our youngsters looking very strong. Obviously must start scoring though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Does seem that way. Yesterday I felt Newcastle would go down this season with Villa and another, judging on our inability to create chances against the worst side in the division, I now think we are nailed on. I'm hoping we could get a point out of the next two games but reality will put pay to that fantasy soon enough. You can still get 3-1 on us going down but guess that'll shorten now after that toothless affair. Hell, at least we're better to watch this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why don’t you **** off, you miserable negative ****?

Sometimes the truth hurts. You, you fooking clown cannot see the shit we are in. You and others have no idea.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Couldn’t be happier. We are an absolute joy to watch. The wins will come! [emoji106]

And he has unearthed a multi million pound footballer for us in Alzate who would probably be on loan to Bristol City this season if we hadn’t sacked Hughton. And a future England centre back in Webster also.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sometimes the truth hurts. You, you fooking clown cannot see the shit we are in. You and others have no idea.

Tell us your honest opinion on that performance, then. Rather than just rehashing the same shit every week

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Tell us your honest opinion on that performance, then. Rather than just rehashing the same shit every week

Great performance to a certain point.. If it's not our inability score it's the other bugbear which is defending. We played a woeful Newcastle team who were there for the taking lets not get away from that fact.. That's for 5 shit teams we have played and its only produced one win. If you cannot beat these sort of teams then it will only lead in one direction. RELEGATION.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Loving the way we play but we don’t have any punch up front. Not GP’s fault but can’t see anything but a close call with relegation due to not scoring enough goals! Club need to rethink their recruitment policy and if letting 2 forwards go without replacing them is a good idea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here