Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I didn't go despite being a season ticket holder. As i said the other week i'm giving it up next year. Anyway we will be playing in the Championship next season.

MARK MY WORDS.

I called it a few weeks ago. We will finish bottom.

Is that why you're in a lot of the threads while the game is going on when we're losing? because you go to games, and rather than watch, you'd prefer to be on here moaning?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Chance out of nothing, great strike and whilst I’m not blaming Ryan he has hardly made a save all season.

Not sure how you can suggest limiting a team to one shot makes us spineless :shrug:

Nothing Ryan could have done about that. There player had time to pick his spot. So much room.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was I watching the same game? The first half was absolutely dire , propper and Stephens were bad all game , Murray missed countless chances and what does Gross do again ? . It’s a point I suppose and March was MOM. But as others say Potter will take us down I’m afraid

A big over reaction. Last season Burnley tore us apart and we stayed up.

Quality performance from 30 minutes on, part spoilt by allowing dangerous Hendrick a pot shot.

Many positives.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Do you actually know the final score ? Have you been watching our shit defending in the last few games?

If you must moan like a child moan about not taking the chances when we were so dominant and coasting along in the 2nd half.
Then you may have a point.
I have far more concerns about not converting chances when we are the better side than our defending.
Duffy, Dunk, Burn and Webster, a very good defensive line up that will only get better.
Plenty of games to go, we will be fine if we turn more chances into goals.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is that why you're in a lot of the threads while the game is going on when we're losing? because you go to games, and rather than watch, you'd prefer to be on here moaning?

Fecking hell you stalking my posts? YOU JUST CAN'T SEE WHERE WE ARE HEADING!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing Ryan could have done about that. There player had time to pick his spot. So much room.

I agree but occasionally keepers make saves they have no right to, Ryan hasn’t managed one that I can recall so far this season

scooter1

How soon is now?
Feels like a loss. The first half was the worst I’ve seen from BRIGHTON since Potter took over, admittedly that has not been long but we were poor. I like Dan Burn, but he’s not a wing back, and Solly March is not a right wing back. It would seem like the changes were enforced, but maybe we should have changed formation to accommodate the players. We had them on the ropes in the second half, but failed to capitalise. Shame, as these are the games we need to win

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we continue to be naive as a team .....we have no midfield general ....propper and stephens just aren't that player .....bissouma may be one day but al, the time we are relying on GM to be our major goal scoring threat we are barking into a dustbin .......feels like a loss....ta ta

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Incandescent.

Why the **** did that just happen.

Because we are naive at the back.
And whilst we dominate some games, we don’t score very many.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I agree but occasionally keepers make saves they have no right to, Ryan hasn’t managed one that I can recall so far this season

Most of the time a shot from there normally goes over the bar or straight at the keeper. At the end of the day it was another soft goal to concede when it my in the 90 min.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most of the time a shot from there normally goes over the bar or straight at the keeper. At the end of the day it was another soft goal to concede when it my in the 90 min.

Soft it wasn’t

There are a lot of negatives on here. The points may not be there, but the performances are so much better than last season.

We have outplayed West Ham, Southampton and Burnley, but only got 2 points from those three games, when we should have had at least 6.

Time will tell where we end up, but if we keep playing the way we are, we will start to climb the table. We need to have some faith.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Murray was left on far too late in my opinion.

Legs had gone around 50-55 mins and looked clumsy and unable to be considered an active participant.

Poor decision making in the second half as well.

We looked like we had totally run out of ideas on the edge of their box, a lack of movement for the final ball.

Didn’t think we played terrible but it’s becoming the same issues where we are not taking our chances making a consolation goal irrelevant.

Good to see some youth and biss on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here