Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Middlesex CCC, CC Div 2, Hove, 18-21 August 2019***

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Half the teams in the division have significantly fewer batting bonus points than Sussex. Let that sink in. No wonder England are struggling to find red ball batsman.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We need three wins really

The tests will be over by then so we should have Archer back ... fingers crossed
Archer will be on a central contract by the end of August. He is our future, there are very few bowlers of his pace and versatility around at the moment, especially one that can actually rattle Steve Smith. Forget Archer, he will be wrapped up in cotton wool til the tour.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Archer will be on a central contract by the end of August. He is our future, there are very few bowlers of his pace and versatility around at the moment, especially one that can actually rattle Steve Smith. Forget Archer, he will be wrapped up in cotton wool til the tour.

He was talking about needing a rest after the wc, and since then there’s been the ashes. I’d be amazed if he plays for Sussex again this season in cc.
Btw is van zyl injured ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He was talking about needing a rest after the wc, and since then there’s been the ashes. I’d be amazed if he plays for Sussex again this season in cc.
Btw is van zyl injured ?

I'm not so convinced: Sussex will want him and he hasn't played that much red ball cricket. He's young and fit, I can certainly see him playing at least one CC

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
is van zyl injured ?
Yes. Given the struggles of Haines and Finch (and now Salt) - and the absence of allrounders Archer and Jordan - we are really missing Stiaan. Hopefully he will be fit for the games in September.

This Middlesex game was notable for the performances of Robinson, Beer, Wells and Carey.

If Ollie (“The Rig”) had been able to add the final wicket to his haul then he would have achieved one of the all time top ten match analyses by a Sussex bowler.

p.s.
There could be an exciting announcement this week about a T20 replacement for Tymal Mills...

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Yes. Given the struggles of Haines and Finch (and now Salt) - and the absence of allrounders Archer and Jordan - we are really missing Stiaan. Hopefully he will be fit for the games in September.

This Middlesex game was notable for the performances of Robinson, Beer, Wells and Carey.

If Ollie (“The Rig”) had been able to add the final wicket to his haul then he would have achieved one of the all time top ten match analyses by a Sussex bowler.

p.s.
There could be an exciting announcement this week about a T20 replacement for Tymal Mills...

True about the standout performances but was very much a team effort against what was on paper a strong Middlesex team. Hooper with some runs and a wicket on his debut, Warner chipping in on his return in a second loan spell, solid bowling from Haines, several catches by Finch....you get the idea. Seems to be a good team ethos, and watched by an excellent crowd for day two in particular. Pity those in charge of the game are so determined to ruin it by creating competitions nobody wants.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, Behrendorff's the new man

He looked decent in the WC, so could be useful Even without Archer, CJ, Rashid and Mills, we've got a cracking attack

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Question, if Sussex made it to T20 Finals Day, would Archer be available for selection for Sussex?
Any clashes with Ashes Tests or England commitments?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Question, if Sussex made it to T20 Finals Day, would Archer be available for selection for Sussex?
Any clashes with Ashes Tests or England commitments?

The fifth (and final) Ashes Test finishes on 16.09.19. Finals day is 21.09.19.

Hopefully okay

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Half the teams in the division have significantly fewer batting bonus points than Sussex. Let that sink in. No wonder England are struggling to find red ball batsman.

That's because our lower order has bailed us out time and time again.
Top order has been poor.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am away working in London, I have an English friend over from Japan staying in Hove, he has a ticket for Thursday's 20 20 v Essex. He needs a ticket for his 3 year old daughter. If anyone has a spare child's ticket he could buy and collect it from the local area, that would be much apprenticed. PM me if you help and I will send him the details. Thanks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
True about the standout performances but was very much a team effort against what was on paper a strong Middlesex team. Hooper with some runs and a wicket on his debut, Warner chipping in on his return in a second loan spell, solid bowling from Haines, several catches by Finch....you get the idea. Seems to be a good team ethos, and watched by an excellent crowd for day two in particular. Pity those in charge of the game are so determined to ruin it by creating competitions nobody wants.

yesterday afternoon was completely flat (until the last hour) and not much of a team effort - dropped catches, miss fields, a defensive field to last batsmen Murtagh and Finn with 7 on the boundary, silence in the field, incl Ben Brown. Lots of rumblings in the crowd.

Only Wells and Carey showed some bottle when we were up against it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am away working in London, I have an English friend over from Japan staying in Hove, he has a ticket for Thursday's 20 20 v Essex. He needs a ticket for his 3 year old daughter. If anyone has a spare child's ticket he could buy and collect it from the local area, that would be much apprenticed. PM me if you help and I will send him the details. Thanks.

surely the stewards wouldn't turn a ticketless 3yo away at the gate

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here