Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR - will football ever be the same again?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You can’t say it’s a pain in the arse until VAR has reviewed your arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This maybe the season that football changes beyond recognition, football is at its heart a simple game and one of its great advantages over many other team games has been its lack of interruption at the women's football World Cup VAR has slowed the game with added time at the of each half constantly over 5 minutes and on occasion over ten minutes it's going to make getting home much later

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that the Laws and Rules of the game need to be looked at and adjusted to accomodate VAR.

Very good point and well made.

For offside it needs to be 'clear blue daylight'. There will still be tight decisions but they will feel fairer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incidentally at the AMEX I never celebrate a goal until I can see it has been awarded. I know some pople like to think they are at panto when watching football, but to me it is more important than that. If I want to behave impulsively and inappropriately I can have all that at work.:whistle:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
If the future of football with VAR is going to be like this Women's World Cup then for me the game has been spoiled. A goal being scored is no longer enjoyable. I like to enjoy goals, I'm funny that way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This maybe the season that football changes beyond recognition, football is at its heart a simple game and one of its great advantages over many other team games has been its lack of interruption at the women's football World Cup VAR has slowed the game with added time at the of each half constantly over 5 minutes and on occasion over ten minutes it's going to make getting home much later

this is something they really havent thought of, and impact to attendance. mid week games and mid week cup games will see a big hit i expect

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

I'd rather get home 10 minutes later knowing that the cheating was spotted and penalised and/or the correct results were awarded, than get home 10 minutes earlier fuming about how 'we woz robbed'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The decision against England women today was absolutely diabolical. What a farce.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's going to ruin the PL next season, dreadful idea

Seconded.

I can’t wait for the ridiculous score-lines to roll in.. 8-7 anyone? Including 4 retaken penalties, three sendings off and 15 mins of injury time each half.

Nice.

Oh that and what are the odds of a good old fashioned 0-0 going to be huh?!? No wonder Chris got the boot, zero chance of defending for 95 mins with questionable defending (old school) at its heart.

It’s going to be laughable.

Match of the day will need to be three hours long at least.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If the future of football with VAR is going to be like this Women's World Cup then for me the game has been spoiled. A goal being scored is no longer enjoyable. I like to enjoy goals, I'm funny that way.

Totally agree.

We're just going to have to get used to sitting in our seats when a goal is scored and then wait a minute or two for it be confirmed by VAR. Thought what I might do is use these VAR breaks to go and have a piss, as I reckon from the moment the ball hits the net, you've probably got time to go and have a toilet break and still get back to your seat before the goal is verified.

Going to see some very strange situations next season. That's progress - NOT

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I dont think it will be the same again. Now its already like "they got that VAR decision wrong" , or "oooh I'm not sure" they've got a different VAR angle or camera than us. WTF
We need VAR on the VARs. Or perhaps Hawkeye making sure the 6, 7th and 8th officials were sat at the correct angle to review the VAR

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I dont think it will be the same again. Now its already like "they got that VAR decision wrong" , or "oooh I'm not sure" they've got a different VAR angle or camera than us. WTF
We need VAR on the VARs. Or perhaps Hawkeye making sure the 6, 7th and 8th officials were sat at the correct angle to review the VAR

They need AI with the VAR. No good leaving the decisions to an error-prone human. Let the AI decide.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here