Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
I'm a season tkt holder from plymouth, it's a 9-10hr. round trip to the Amex, after the truly horrendous and woeful effort at the Cardiff game and getting home at 3 in the morning I've decided not to go to another game until we either change our football or Hughton goes. I just cannot justify spending the amount of money I do to go to every home game and watch the that crap we have been served up a majority of this season. I am fed up to the back teeth of watching that dross every bloody home game. Before anybody starts calling me JCL I have been watching Brighton since 1966.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The only reason we will have stayed up with our points total is because of the shitness of three other teams. He is holding us back now.
That's all you need every year. To be better than 3 teams. I don't say football has been pretty but I have always said Brighton won't get relegated under CH. If you want fabulous football. Throw Megabucks at it and he will deliver but the size of Brighton's
Global Revenue it isn't possible. That's why it has to be done at a slower pace. Unless of course you get really lucky in the transfer market.

There are people on here who want to lose. They don't want CH as manager and they are prepared to accept going down if that would attain that.

I read posts from other people and they just want Chris to turn it around. Stay up and put on a great attacking team.

It's easy to spot who is who

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The only club who spent less than us this season was Cardiff. The new signings haven't been the best which is really down to recruitment, not Hughton. He's pretty much kept us up. Although if we get a new quality striker and number 10 ready for preseason, I suspect we will do better next year. Playing attacking football with our current squad will get us relegated.

Not even close to being true. We were 10th top spenders in the PL in summer and spent roughly the same as Man City and Everton.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fulham's problem wasn't attack. It was defence. Jokanovic changed his back line more or less every game. They had the 7th best possession stats in the league the day he got the push.

Their problem were defensive and possibly a bit of naivety in game management.

Exactly. Defensive problems that appeared as a result of their attacking style.

Take Huddersfield as an example. An absolute dire squad, who under Wagner played a high press game. That hasn't worked out well. Brighton have a better squad, but not greatly better. I'm under no illusion we went into this season as relegation candidates. That's were the club are given their playing budget, experience at this level and squad. Hughton has Brighton playing within their means. This style of play, in my opinion, is the best way of getting the most out of this squad. It's a model that has worked very well at Burnley, a team with a very similar squad and wage bill.

This isn't attractive football. I'd much rather see us play like Bournemouth for example. But let's be realistic, that's not happening with this squad. Give this team to Hughes or Pardew, they'd be relegated. This season hasn't been pretty viewing. That's where the club are. We won't become this great attracting side over one summer transfer window, unless A LOT of money is spent. It's not my money, so I'll continue to support what we have. Which, touch wood, is going to achieve another Premier League season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He has to go in the summer end of,

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Well there you go. We scored a goal after more than 12 hours - and it was an important one which all but guarantees the EPL next year.

I think the the raft of opinions of what Chris should and shouldn't be doing is uncalled for. The man has managed our team with nothing but class since the first game to the last. Yes we have been on a shocking run and there are any number of reasons for this - reasons that we are not privy to. even though we watch week in week out, we don't really know who's in form, who's carrying knocks, who really cares etc etc. That is Chris's job. And you can see the pain he is in on the sideline as each game unfolds.

He is our manager - our boss - and he is doing his very best for our club. He will hurt as much as us when it doesn't work out - but he is making the calls with the materials he has to hand. He can't turn Murray into Aguero or Locadia into Sterling - but he can put together a team that is hard to score against for most of the season and hopefully carry some sort of attacking threat.

The current run has been a nightmare - but he has seen it through and we are still in there fighting.

I am proud to have Chris as our manager - a decent, honest and committed man that has done amazing things at this club.

It's up to Tony Bloom and Chris himself if he stays or goes - it's our job to support the team, not run it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Exactly. Defensive problems that appeared as a result of their attacking style.

Take Huddersfield as an example. An absolute dire squad, who under Wagner played a high press game. That hasn't worked out well. Brighton have a better squad, but not greatly better. I'm under no illusion we went into this season as relegation candidates. That's were the club are given their playing budget, experience at this level and squad. Hughton has Brighton playing within their means. This style of play, in my opinion, is the best way of getting the most out of this squad. It's a model that has worked very well at Burnley, a team with a very similar squad and wage bill.

This isn't attractive football. I'd much rather see us play like Bournemouth for example. But let's be realistic, that's not happening with this squad. Give this team to Hughes or Pardew, they'd be relegated. This season hasn't been pretty viewing. That's where the club are. We won't become this great attracting side over one summer transfer window, unless A LOT of money is spent. It's not my money, so I'll continue to support what we have. Which, touch wood, is going to achieve another Premier League season.

No, sorry, how does Fulham having a slightly attacking style have any bearing on their manager being unable to decide on his best defensive lineup? The logic just doesn't track.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm still team Hughton …… So **** you all with grand illusions of Man City type football with a bottom 6 budget.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's all you need every year. To be better than 3 teams. I don't say football has been pretty but I have always said Brighton won't get relegated under CH. If you want fabulous football. Throw Megabucks at it and he will deliver but the size of Brighton's
Global Revenue it isn't possible. That's why it has to be done at a slower pace. Unless of course you get really lucky in the transfer market.

There are people on here who want to lose. They don't want CH as manager and they are prepared to accept going down if that would attain that.

I read posts from other people and they just want Chris to turn it around. Stay up and put on a great attacking team.

It's easy to spot who is who

We are staying up despite CH not because of him. He should be buying Fulham’s goalkeeper and Babel a drink for keeping him in a job (for now at least).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No, sorry, how does Fulham having a slightly attacking style have any bearing on their manager being unable to decide on his best defensive lineup? The logic just doesn't track.

Ask any Fulham fan how they play. They push fullbacks forward, attempt risky balls forward and move the ball forward fast (often resulting in mistakes). That's to the detriment of their defensive shape, regardless to who's playing each week. Their manager decided the best way forward was to change the defencive line-up weekly, not the tactics. It was the tactics that contributed to their defensive downfall. I've only seen them play twice this season, but I've gathered this general concenus from those two games and various highlight programs. It was fairly clear IMO

The point is, if Brighton play a more expansive game, they'd lose shape. Are the likes of Stephens, Murray, Locadia, Knockaert, March and Bruno capable of bombing on at every opportunity? Can they control the game for long periods of play? Do the wingers have confidence to take fullbacks on? Can the midfielders play searching balls forward at will? Are they quick enough to track back after loosing procession? Do they have enough gile to outplay quality opposition? Brighton don't have the personal to pull off what so many on here want AND win games of football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a season tkt holder from plymouth, it's a 9-10hr. round trip to the Amex, after the truly horrendous and woeful effort at the Cardiff game and getting home at 3 in the morning I've decided not to go to another game until we either change our football or Hughton goes. I just cannot justify spending the amount of money I do to go to every home game and watch the that crap we have been served up a majority of this season. I am fed up to the back teeth of watching that dross every bloody home game.
That's a long way, a lot of effort and money. I don't blame you for feeling like not coming.

Presumably you didn't feel like this at Christmas though?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ask any Fulham fan how they play. They push fullbacks forward, attempt risky balls forward and move the ball forward fast (often resulting in mistakes). That's to the detriment of their defensive shape, regardless to who's playing each week. Their manager decided the best way forward was to change the defencive line-up weekly, not the tactics. It was the tactics that contributed to their defensive downfall. I've only seen them play twice this season, but I've gathered this general concenus from those two games and various highlight programs. It was fairly clear IMO

The point is, if Brighton play a more expansive game, they'd lose shape. Are the likes of Stephens, Murray, Locadia, Knockaert, March and Bruno capable of bombing on at every opportunity? Can they control the game for long periods of play? Do the wingers have confidence to take fullbacks on? Can the midfielders play searching balls forward at will? Are they quick enough to track back after loosing procession? Do they have enough gile to outplay quality opposition? Brighton don't have the personal to pull off what so many on here want AND win games of football.

OK fair. But surely having three managers, an almost entirely new team and at least one manager who couldn't pick his best back line may have contributed to their downfall. Rather than their being adventurous in their play.

People just seem so eager to say "ooooh look at Fulham, they were attacking and look what happened" when the reality is far from that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Stuart Pearce: The only thing that can save Brighton is Cardiff.

Stuart Pearce, great left back.

Crap manager, crap pundit.

Pretty good electrician as well, apparently, used to do all Cloughies electrics.

And, I think Fulham and Huddersfield have saved us as well, and probably the 4 points we took off Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, and who could ever forget the 6 we took off Palace.

The season is 38 games long, if you finish above the bottom 3, you deserve to

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Deary me, your head is so far up Hughton, i can barely make out your shoes!

Nothing to do with it (or particularly accurate). I merely wanted to know why a thread entitled "Hughton supporters" was in fact a place for Hughton out-ers to post their agreement with each other.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We are staying up despite CH not because of him. He should be buying Fulham’s goalkeeper and Babel a drink for keeping him in a job (for now at least).
Oh f#ck off. That's disrespectful to the lads playing for your team who have earned 35 points this season

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stuart Pearce, great left back.

Crap manager, crap pundit.

Pretty good electrician as well, apparently, used to do all Cloughies electrics.

And, I think Fulham and Huddersfield have saved us as well, and probably the 4 points we took off Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, and who could ever forget the 6 we took off Palace.

The season is 38 games long, if you finish above the bottom 3, you deserve to

He is a crap manager and pundit but how is he wrong about this? We’re abysmal and going to finish with a points total that a lot of seasons would have seen us relegated but will probably be saved by three other dreadful sides. We have stunk the premier league out this season and do deserve to go down really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here