Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I can't think of a half I've seen us play on t.v. where we've played better. But no use without a goal which has been my worry all season. I'd swap Connolly for Gross and go for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Totally agree, and I am very rarely negative but all I am saying is with this much possession and creating chances we should be scoring more goals.
Not being able to score is not a small problem.
Not scoring goals is certainly a problem, but it's not as bad as, for example, not creating chances and not being able to get the ball. It's the sort of problem that will stop us finishing up the table, but if the rest were to stay good, it shouldn't be a problem that sees us relegated.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
To be honest even with all that possession we haven't really troubled their keeper. Proper and Mooy need to start taking a few pot shots from the edge of the penalty area instead of trying to walk it in

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bollocks to any of you who don’t think this is the way to play football. We look class, just need a break. I fully expect to lose this game btw because we have absolutely no luck

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Alas in football the goalscoring bit isn’t the small thing
Neither is not being able to get the ball, neither is not being able to keep said ball out of you're own net, and neither is not being able to create chances.

If you were to dominate possession, prevent the opposition from having chances, keep a clean sheet and create plenty of chances yourselves, but draw 0-0, you'd have the sort of problem that can be fixed. The opposition, however, would be looking to change their manager.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Anyone else worried we're going to lose this? I can't remember us having an easier half in the premier league yet we haven't come particularly close to scoring whereas Newcastle, a team so turgid and devoid of energy it's almost unbelievable have had two decent chances.

It concerns me that for all our pretty football we don't score and our defence concedes chances and goals. It's not a great combination.

Please,please can we score an early goal in the second half. Then follow it up quickly with another. And then a third.

I'll be distraught if we lose this.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Just the final ball again. Build up is like watching city until we get to the penalty box. After that it’s a bit more like watching Accrington Stanley

D

Deleted member 2719

Never have I ever seen an Albion side dominate possession away to a bigger club like that in one half, whatever happens, Potter has grown confidence with the ball with the squad in such a short time. I can not see 76% of the possession figures for the second half.

Those boys are making themselves available so much.

Well done Potter and the lads.

Quality.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
To be honest even with all that possession we haven't really troubled their keeper. Proper and Mooy need to start taking a few pot shots from the edge of the penalty area instead of trying to walk it in

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Mooy has a shot him but Propper is inept anywhere near their box! Agree though we need start have a few shots from outside the box! Always seem to lose to a worldly but rarely come close to having one ourselves (accept Knocky at Palace).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Surprised there’s such a positive reaction from most people, to that.
There’s been some nice moments and alzate has acquitted himself well.
But at the end of the day, we look as ineffective as much of last season, just ineffective in a different way.
Propper, Stephens, Gross, Montoya and Mooy aren’t threaTening going forward, at all. They’re scared. So what if they pass it around a lot , miles from goal. Our best bet remains maupay snaffling one from a deflection or whatever.
And don’t give me any of that negativity nonsense. Newcastle are there for the taking, and we clearly can’t get it together where it counts,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here