Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The live coverage of the supreme court is fascinating.

They are picking apart the detail of what various politicians have said in interviews.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
So long as it's fair and representative then.

If Remain got 45%, and 5 Leave options got 11% each, what would happen?

It would be a cluster**** still because of the differences in what people believe leaving entails.

I'd be happy to leave if we had something similar to Norway but that wouldn't please some people as Norway is in Schengen for example

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Or simply implement the 1st referendum?

I think Leavers would accept a 2nd referendum on which way we leave. That's a compromise.
Yes. That could be done - although of course it denies 18-21 yr olds any say at all in the process so it had better be done soon before that becomes any 18-22 yr olds, or 18-25 yr olds etc.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lib Dems decision not to have a second referendum is a bold and honest statement that they are the only party in England who truly support remain and want attract the moderates from both Labour and Conservatives. If they do win then they have a clear mandate for Remain. More likely is we will have no party with more than 200 seats and more mayhem.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can't really disagree with this.
I just feel rather depressed and concerned about the general level of political competence that presently exists in virtually all parts of parliament, let alone amongst poisonous advisers such as Dominic Cummings and Seamus Milne:mad: There is a good case to suggest that all the parties should hang their collective heads in shame!:cry:

Dominic Cummings and Seamus Milne are two sides of the same coin.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I really cannot understand why so many Leave enthusiasts have posted that prolifically. The disputed 2016 referendum was 'won' by the Leave lobby and it is surely up to the 'losing' side to discuss what, if anything can be done about it......

Leavers represent 43% of the post (based on the top 20 list). Not bad considering only 19% of Albion fans were said to have voted leave.

What can we conclude from this?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Option 2: Remain, and I get a lollipop.

:thumbsup:

A lollipop is a BETRAYAL of the Remain vote, I demand we be given ice lollies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lib Dems decision not to have a second referendum is a bold and honest statement that they are the only party in England who truly support remain and want attract the moderates from both Labour and Conservatives. If they do win then they have a clear mandate for Remain. More likely is we will have no party with more than 200 seats and more mayhem.

Overall majority zero chance for Lib Dems, biggest party - well never say never.

Most our my friends I would describe as middle aged educated Tories, most are switching to Lib Dems simply as they regard the Tories as no longer the Tories and have no where else to go.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Overall majority zero chance for Lib Dems, biggest party - well never say never.

Most our my friends I would describe as middle aged educated Tories, most are switching to Lib Dems simply as they regard the Tories as no longer the Tories and have no where else to go.

The Tories have turned into UKIP, who are now finished. They are still trying to outdo Farage, but at least they still have members who can vote for policies and their leader.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Dominic Cummings and Seamus Milne are two sides of the same coin.

Well, they probably don't share political views, although I am not sure what Cumming's true views are; but there is no doubt that they are pretty devious odious shysters...... all in my opinion, of course!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well, they probably don't share political views, although I am not sure what Cumming's true views are; but there is no doubt that they are pretty devious odious shysters...... all in my opinion, of course!

They both have Russian connections, and the Russians do not want a strong Europe. Crimea has gone, but Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia love being part of a free Europe. Ukraine is being destabilised but hanging on. Belarus is well and truly tied to Moscow's apron strings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in the Supreme Court, QC for Miller making the case that parliament is sovereign and senior to ministers, who can not use their power to prevent the senior body to carry out their functions. solid what is the law stuff, not "he said this".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here