Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. They are clearly the snowflakes. The definition of it exactly describes the average brexiteer and their fear of other countries.

Reclaim the snowflake for the other b'stards. I like it!

It won't catch on though.

Like gammon. The pigs have bolted.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
See, you keep spouting them. History will show you lot to be the country destroying enimies of the people and destroyers of our rights that you are. You can not put me down with your lies and filth, we are better than you and we will win and drag this country back to where it belongs whether you lot like it or not!

'Enemies of the people' ?

I think you may have been reading the media too much with such regurgitation.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
See, you keep spouting them. History will show you lot to be the country destroying enimies of the people and destroyers of our rights that you are. You can not put me down with your lies and filth, we are better than you and we will win and drag this country back to where it belongs whether you lot like it or not!

:lol:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Not really seen what a 'good deal' involves.. are the details out there of what a 'good deal' is, and are people taking a proven liars word for what a 'good deal' actually includes? Brexiteers seem to feel a 'no deal' would be the way forward, with all the unknowns that involves, rather than not having a 'good deal' whatever that may be.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's funny. Johnson goes out to Luxembourg full of the usual gung-ho BS (on the verge of a terrific deal...………..huge amount of work done) when even a sardine would know that he's done f-all in the 8 weeks that have elapsed since we went into the countdown period in which he said he could deliver. Meanwhile we have the odious Raaaaaaaab briefing that the EU is intransigent. But the EU has an agreed deal on the table and is simply awaiting a proposal from our side.

Just when you think this mob can't get any worse, they still have the capacity to surprise you. #shysters-R-Us!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not really seen what a 'good deal' involves.. are the details out there of what a 'good deal' is, and are people taking a proven liars word for what a 'good deal' actually includes? Brexiteers seem to feel a 'no deal' would be the way forward, with all the unknowns that involves, rather than not having a 'good deal' whatever that may be.

Who cares what a good deal is, those treacherous back to fronts in Parliament won’t vote any deal through that he puts in front of them, they all deserve No deal.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Details of what a 'good' deal looks like have been available for a while: https://labourlist.org/2017/03/keir...et-we-wont-back-the-final-deal-in-parliament/

I think a 'soft' deal along these lines would have been possible to negotiate and get through parliament. And this was always the responsible route to take, once the referendum result was confirmed. But of course that was not what happened because 'Brexit' per se has never been the point of all this. UK society has been divided and torn apart as collatoral damage in the Tory's internal battle. Both remainer and leavers have ended up playing their part in this battle. Digging in and drawing battle lines. This whole thread is a gruesome microcosm of the wider debate in the country. It's just awful. Repetitive, abusive and pointless. We all know what Johnson and Farage have done and why. But the Lib Dems have also been prepared to escalate the divisions for self interest. And despite being a supporter of the Greens, I think they have been guilty of playing the same game, even if they have attempted to be more conciliatory in terms of language.

Labour have made many mistakes. And have struggled to communicate well through the noise. But I still believe they have at least tried to act as the grown ups in the room, seeking to find a path that can avoid the most obvious brexit traps and bring us out the other end as a society not completely broken and ready to engage with the real issues that matter. Fixing the damage done by austerity, dealing with the climate crisis, rebuilding trust, tackling inequality and rebalancing our economy away from finance.

They may yet manage it, but the odds seem stacked against them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Lib Dems postion is interesting, they support a 2nd referendum, unless they gain power (no sniggering) when they dont.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
EEfeAQWXkAE0g2Y.png

Nice try, but the snowflakes Brexiteers like PPF and his friends won't respond to this, as they are opposed to Parliamentary Democracy.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Who cares what a good deal is, those treacherous back to fronts in Parliament won’t vote any deal through that he puts in front of them, they all deserve No deal.

Well, they might deserve it (personally, I dont think so), but not sure the country does.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'd call that pragmatic.

I'd call it opportunistic.

I do wonder what will happen to the Lib Dems once Brexit is no longer THE only issue driving politics (yes, that will eventually happen)
Can't help thinking they will be looking at each other thinking 'how did we all end up together' and unable to agree on any coherent policy agenda.

Some might say 'no change there then' mind you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Drinking on the night before returning to work is dangerous MoS !

Very dangerous indeed, but necessary and perfectly satisfactory, as it considerably enhanced my viewing of 'Last Night of The Proms' 24 hours later.

My overall assessment of the experience was that Katie Derham looked positively resplendent again, this time in a risque and somewhat cheeky pyjamaesque number. Overall though it was versatile though, comfortable and fashionable - she could wear that at The Royal Albert Hall presenting live televise or over a drink with friends in The Eagle in Eastbourne on a Friday night, no problem. A very fine effort. Never mind The EU flags, that opera singer however, who looked like she should be working at Hollingbury Asda, would have had many a Daily Telegraph reader spluttering 'Political Correctness Gone Mad!' with her flag waving. She stole the show and rightly so.

Yet again though, the imponderable question remains - Why do they on that programme always refer to 'Rule, Britannia!' as 'Thomas Arne's Rule, Britannia!' ? :shrug:

'I Know Where It's At' is always referred to as 'I Know Where It's At.' It never ever gets referred to as 'All Saint's I Know Where It's At' for example.

I've always thought it's bit stayed though. They should try and mix it up a bit and not just have songs about the British empire and naval ditties to bounce up and down to and whatever classical stuff they play before all that. If Saffron out of Republica could mime along to it in a video, that opera singer, who looked like she should be working at Hollingbury Asda, could easily have had it in her to sing a live rendition of 'Anthem' by N-Joi, which Katie Derham could then refer to 'N-Joi's Anthem'.

It also needs to be a bit more inclusive, if I'm being perfectly honest. It's nice that people from the nationalist community of west Belfast could buy a ticket and go along to wave union flags and sing 'God Save The Queen' at the BBC Proms In The Park event at Titanic Slipways in Belfast, but they should spare a thought for people like me.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
the Lib Dems postion is interesting, they support a 2nd referendum, unless they gain power (no sniggering) when they dont.

Strange that …. not a trustworthy party and never have been !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Very dangerous indeed, but necessary and perfectly satisfactory, as it considerably enhanced my viewing of 'Last Night of The Proms' 24 hours later.

My overall assessment of the experience was that Katie Derham looked positively resplendent again, this time in a risque and somewhat cheeky pyjamaesque number. Overall though it was versatile though, comfortable and fashionable - she could wear that at The Royal Albert Hall presenting live televise or over a drink with friends in The Eagle in Eastbourne on a Friday night, no problem. A very fine effort. Never mind The EU flags, that opera singer however, who looked like she should be working at Hollingbury Asda, would have had many a Daily Telegraph reader spluttering 'Political Correctness Gone Mad!' with her flag waving. She stole the show and rightly so.

Yet again though, the imponderable question remains - Why do they on that programme always refer to 'Rule, Britannia!' as 'Thomas Arne's Rule, Britannia!' ? :shrug:

'I Know Where It's At' is always referred to as 'I Know Where It's At.' It never ever gets referred to as 'All Saint's I Know Where It's At' for example.

I've always thought it's bit stayed though. They should try and mix it up a bit and not just have songs about the British empire and naval ditties to bounce up and down to and whatever classical stuff they play before all that. If Saffron out of Republica could mime along to it in a video, that opera singer, who looked like she should be working at Hollingbury Asda, could easily have had it in her to sing a live rendition of 'Anthem' by N-Joi, which Katie Derham could then refer to 'N-Joi's Anthem'.

It also needs to be a bit more inclusive, if I'm being perfectly honest. It's nice that people from the nationalist community of west Belfast could buy a ticket and go along to wave union flags and sing 'God Save The Queen' at the BBC Proms In The Park event at Titanic Slipways in Belfast, but they should spare a thought for people like me.

Showing your softer side there MoS. Never had you down as a fashion expert :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here