Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Registration plates for pedestrians too please.

Wearable-Chalk-1.jpg

Attachments

• Wearable-Chalk.jpg
    Wearable-Chalk.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just found a really interesting video on the GCN channel about the best cities in the world for cycling. No surprise to me that A: the top 10 is completely made up of our European neighbours who really value the benefits a bicycle brings, and B: that British cities are nowhere in sight....which says a lot for our cycling infrastructure. We still have a massive amount to learn from our cousins over the Channel :rolleyes:

Worth watching....whether you are pro bike or pro car.

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just found a really interesting video on the GCN channel about the best cities in the world for cycling. No surprise to me that A: the top 10 is completely made up of our European neighbours who really value the benefits a bicycle brings, and B: that British cities are nowhere in sight....which says a lot for our cycling infrastructure. We still have a massive amount to learn from our cousins over the Channel :rolleyes:

Worth watching....whether you are pro bike or pro car.

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/

Earlier in the week I was talking with my bosses about my 13 mile, each way, commute.

One commented that he passes me 'in the road'.
Sadly for both of us I needed to explain to him the cycle path just wasn't fit for purpose, as it's dark and the path is completely overgrown on the sides and overhanging.

I have to cycle an extra mile going home so I'm not riding with the heavy traffic on the A259.

For a 27 mile commute I have access to 26 miles of cycle path but only use about 2 miles of path as the rest either isn't fit for purpose or just unsafe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Close roads so children can play,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49675073

Parents should ask local councils to regularly shut down their streets so children can play outside, British cyclist Jason Kenny has said.

The six-time Olympic gold medallist told the BBC that traffic on residential roads was one of the "big hurdles" for parents who wanted their children to play outdoors near home.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Close roads so children can play,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49675073

Parents should ask local councils to regularly shut down their streets so children can play outside, British cyclist Jason Kenny has said.

The six-time Olympic gold medallist told the BBC that traffic on residential roads was one of the "big hurdles" for parents who wanted their children to play outdoors near home.

Safer for them to do their drug deals I guess. That’s if get them away from their playstations. Can’t see it happening though. Imagine the communication issues?

Safer for them to do their drug deals I guess. That’s if get them away from their playstations. Can’t see it happening though. Imagine the communication issues?

Most pro cyclists are on drugs anyway.

Or were you talking about the kids?

Edit:

Should have read most pro British cyclists are on drugs, only for asthma though,

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Just been out for lunch and nearly got run over by a car driving scumbag.

I was about to walk across the zebra crossing at the southern point of Preston Park (literally had lifted my foot off the pavement) and the driver (bald, middle aged, fat) of the car (L444 BYA) that I had seen coming along didn't stop.

Not only did he not stop he shook his head whilst looking at me.

Did he assault you?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Not in any way condoning the actions, but "child" in that tweet is a bit of a stretch. The victim was 17, so could legitimately have been married, a father and driving license holder.

Weird that was your takeaway from it.

You’re a child in law until 18. So the victim was a child.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Earlier in the week I was talking with my bosses about my 13 mile, each way, commute.

One commented that he passes me 'in the road'.
Sadly for both of us I needed to explain to him the cycle path just wasn't fit for purpose, as it's dark and the path is completely overgrown on the sides and overhanging.

I have to cycle an extra mile going home so I'm not riding with the heavy traffic on the A259.

For a 27 mile commute I have access to 26 miles of cycle path but only use about 2 miles of path as the rest either isn't fit for purpose or just unsafe.

Time for us all to move to Copenhagen mate.....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[tweet]1172228985473945601[/tweet]

The ridiculous thing is, these cities are not doing it out of some philanthropic idealism, it makes money! More people get into the city, more people walk from them bike passed shops etc. More journeys are made by bike, less strain on public transport, visitors to the city who do use a car can get around. These are economically viable projects that pay!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The ridiculous thing is, these cities are not doing it out of some philanthropic idealism, it makes money! More people get into the city, more people walk from them bike passed shops etc. More journeys are made by bike, less strain on public transport, visitors to the city who do use a car can get around. These are economically viable projects that pay!

Wouldn't work in Brighton though, we rely on tourists. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wouldn't work in Brighton though.

Wouldn’t work because we are socially ****ed up, on a recent visit to Spain you can quite happily leave your bike/electric scooter outside a shop without fear of it being nicked. This country some drug addled dickhead would nick it in a flash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here