Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Fascinating dynamic at play for the election to come.

The Conservatives will essentially play the anti-establishment card. The Commons, the courts, the Speaker, the EU. They can legitimately say that all of these are against them.

Labour should be preparing its "How bad are the Yellowhammer reports if we're not allowed to see them" card now.

Add to this the phenomenal churn of votes being pulled in entirely new directions by this issue and you have a completely unpredictable election. The pollsters must be tearing their hair out.

They 'aint Tories. It's exactly what happened in The United States with Trump - they hijacked The Republican Party as a means-to-an-end. It got them in The White House. 'The Conservative and Illusionist party' - oh ffs. :facepalm:

The only only Unionists - British - are people like me. **** off. English nationalist ****s - **** off!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh for Gods sake are you lot still on this? Shut the f**k up, what will happen will happen. Stop acting like silly little children. Kin 'ell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The liberalisation of abortion was indeed introduced by David Steel but it was a bill supported by the government

The legalisation of homosexuality was also a private member's bill but was introduced by Leo Abse, not Steel - also supported by the government. The abolition of capital punishment was, again, a private member's bill (from Sidney Silverman). I'm not sure why the government didn't introduce any of these themselves.

Remind me to not argue political history with you again :facepalm::lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find it astonishing that PPC is still posting voluminously on this thread. It's as if we care what he thinks. Not even our gammony brexitteers are responding positively. Come on, gammon, give the nazi some support here, eh?

#needy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's the ones.

Funny thing is, these ‘patriots ‘ have the bloody nerve to call people like myself, traitor.
I don’t really get insulting others who don’t share my views, but, with this bunch of lowlife, racist, thick,waste of skin, I’ll happily make an exception. And, by the way, that includes anyone who tries to defend them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Interesting programme on BBC of the Rise of the Nazi party. Lots of ‘emergency powers’ enacted in the name of the people, democracy undermined, etc

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yeah
He is most definitely a Remainer: in his own words (speech by Tom Tugendhat 6 December 2018)

"I will end simply with a word about the referendum. It was legitimate. It did not go my way, but democracies do not always reflect the way we choose. "

Shame he never stood up in the House and voted against it. Hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here