Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don’t you just love being an Albion fan? One step forward and then one or two back almost immediately :smile:

Judging by some of these posts it’s more like two forward ..to me we are light up front ..still let’s see what crawls out the woodwork...one things for sure I don’t think anyone expected it

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And I wonder what conversations he's had about game time with the Galatasaray manager ... given they're signing Falcao today as well.

If that was the case I'd have expected GP to tell him he'll have his chance to make the place his, but if he's having to share the shirt and wants to go elsewhere, we'd let him go in January when the transfer window is open. It doesn't make sense to let him go at this late hour just because he wants more game time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not 'for sure' at all. Unless you're saying Andone's absence was worth a nailed-on 3 goal swing.

It was well in the mid-twenties in the stands so no doubt absolutely baking on the pitch. Making your team mates run around more than they need for 60 minutes in that heat is absolutely criminal and very disrespectful. Beyond that, Saints would only have needed one goal to take all three points.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
What it might show (if correct) is Andones attitude. They guy has been sent off for an horrendous tackle and yet demands more game time. Bonkers. If he does go, then I am pleased. He is a walking liability. Connolly deserves the chance to play and looking at his record of goals (thanks to another poster who posted last week) you have to say he fully deserves it.

If that was the case I'd have expected GP to tell him he'll have his chance to make the place his, but if he's having to share the shirt and wants to go elsewhere, we'd let him go in January when the transfer window is open. It doesn't make sense to let him go at this late hour just because he wants more game time.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Very similar to the Lukaku situation. Would Man Utd like to keep a £75m striker at the club who can score 25-30 goals a season, when they have a novice in Mason Greenwood on the sidelines?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very similar to the Lukaku situation. Would Man Utd like to keep a £75m striker at the club who can score 25-30 goals a season, when they have a novice in Mason Greenwood on the sidelines?
United sold Lukaku for £74m, during the transfer window. So they were able to spend the money elsewhere. If we sold Andone for good money in the transfer window, then I'd understand it. But the window has closed, and Andone looks as good a striker for Potter's style as we have at the club.

No doubt the club will have their reasons, but it's still bad news for us fans.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not 'for sure' at all. Unless you're saying Andone's absence was worth a nailed-on 3 goal swing.

He was sent off at 0-0 with us in the ascendancy I think it is fair to say. Southampton had few clear chances, scored 1 on the break while on the back foot against 10, then in the 92nd minute when the 10 are going all out for an equaliser. We were arguably still the better team after going down to 10.

Wasn't a nailed on 3 points, but they weren't 2 nil up when he was sent off.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fickle ole place huh? In the last week its been Locadia, Duffy, Ryan and now Andone. Who will be tomorrows enemy?

Are we unable to offer criticism of players without it being labelled as hate? I haven't seen anything I would describe as hate, unless you're attributing anything that isn't positive as hate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here