Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League position.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Baffled as to why we are third, not second. Our plus 3goal difference was because of a 3 nil win. Liverpool's is a result of a 4- 1 win. Doesn't conceding a goal count. Or am I being naive.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Baffled as to why we are third, not second. Our plus 3goal difference was because of a 3 nil win. Liverpool's is a result of a 4- 1 win. Doesn't conceding a goal count. Or am I being naive.

Goals scored takes precedence. To ‘reward’ attacking play, even if at the cost of GC.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

When goal difference is the same then the next tie breaker is goals scored.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
According to the Premier League site

"If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored. If the teams still cannot be separated, they will be awarded the same position in the table."

So goals conceded doesn't count towards anything apparently.

If you can't be separated by goal difference or goals scored then goals conceded won't make the blind bit of difference anyway as both teams would logically have conceded the same number anyway.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
7179C2F1-75B2-476C-8065-7677352A487D.jpeg

:love:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

League position after one game? Yes, naive :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here