Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could be the day in Portslade. The seagulls are going through their warm up excercises. Several recently hatched specimins spotted.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Last night in Petworth, swarms of them, all gone this morning. Where do they all GO? I watched them on my shed, thousands of them being marched to the top of the shed by normal/ working ants so they had the highest point to take off, fascinating, I have never seen that before. My fascination did not last long though as after a couple of minutes I was being attacked by ants crawling all over me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could be the day in Portslade. The seagulls are going through their warm up excercises. Several recently hatched specimins spotted.

Plenty about during my walk from Portslade to Southwick this morning.

Mental just off Boundary Road. Like some kind of biblical plague*.

*the ants rather than Boundary Road per se.

Yep. Ants everywhere and the seagulls having a FEAST in Vale Park. Later there will be drunk seagulls. Drunk mental seagulls (which sounds like an Albion awaydays spin off Facebook group)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
As a kid in Southwick, I remember many instances of flying ant swarms.

But up here in the Midlands, never seen them.

Must be coming over from that there Europe.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
As a kid in Southwick, I remember many instances of flying ant swarms.

But up here in the Midlands, never seen them.

Must be coming over from that there Europe.

That's like "Maybugs". Whenever I mention or explain them to friends from other parts of the country they think I'm mental. Turns out they're a southern thing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Now buried under a pile of ant powder in my garden but valiantly digging their way out

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I can confirm sightings in Dyke Road, Hangelton, Roedean, Rottingdean, Peacehaven, Lewes, Withdean

(been out for a little bit of a drive this morning :cool: - should've put the roof up, still picking them out of my teeth :facepalm:)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can't have a cheeky fag outside my gaff at the top of Queen's Park. Flying acts causing CHAOS. Errant seagulls will be the next challenge.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Swarming around Falmer Campus today, Seagulls feasting. Gonna be some sore heads in the morning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here